1984 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme Brougham

gdouaire

G-Body Guru
Supporting Member
Aug 7, 2013
Québec City, Québec CANADA
20230211_161113.jpg

Mostly done with all the little levers & stuff on the quadrajet.

20230211_092218.jpg

On a completely different note, started to play with the Bylund Knock Shield, has a couple of Bosch sensors that will be used to monitor the engine knocking. I assume I will be bolting one sensor on each head. Very complex thing, but fortunately, I attended & graduated engineering school / specialized in electronics. First step will only be monitoring on a LCD screen, but with the Arduino, all sorts of scenarios can be imagined - trigger water injection when knock is detected, etc.

• Winner
Reactions: 2 users

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
That choke is clocked about 90 degrees CCW vs mine which is parked where the general left it at the factory. I do plan to crank it CCW a bit as I feel it comes off the choke a bit too quickly, but I need to tune the rest first.

gdouaire

G-Body Guru
Supporting Member
Aug 7, 2013
That choke is clocked about 90 degrees CCW vs mine which is parked where the general left it at the factory. I do plan to crank it CCW a bit as I feel it comes off the choke a bit too quickly, but I need to tune the rest first.
Oh 🤔 Well as per the notch on the choke cover, seems like there's only one possible position...

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
Oh 🤔 Well as per the notch on the choke cover, seems like there's only one possible position...

I kinda figured. If you Dremel off those little tangs that stick in you can tweak the choke to your liking. Just make sure there's markings to guide you back to stock.

Reactions: 2 users

gdouaire

G-Body Guru
Supporting Member
Aug 7, 2013
I kinda figured. If you Dremel off those little tangs that stick in you can tweak the choke to your liking. Just make sure there's markings to guide you back to stock.
Good idea. I guess OEM position is just a start. I recycled my girlfriend's old nail polish bottles for such markings. Makes them colourful and sticks well :)

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Looks good except throw that oil filter in the bush!

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor