BUILD THREAD 1986 cutlass supreme brougham 2 door "Godzilla" the anti Ls movement lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
Every time I've thrown a SBC together from parts & pieces it's been a great engine. I've run quite a few combos, if I can help let me know. Ron Sessions has a book (HOW TO BUILD AND MODIFY TH 350) I'm not trans guy but he has gotten me through 6 builds (2 trans brakes) without a problem.

Reactions: 1 user

L67ss

Royal Smart Person
Dec 8, 2016
The motor was actually a good motor when he parked his camaro. I had even rebuild the TBI heads. I just wanna run the 327 heads because they'd been reworked and to bump the compression. Going off web I should end up with 10:1ish compression

L67ss

Royal Smart Person
Dec 8, 2016
I'm going to change the bearings because it sat several years no oil

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
Just because the bearings sat won't hurt it, but best if you prime the oil system before trying to turn it over or start it. I just started a car that's been sitting for 20 years. But since its out it will never hurt to check them.

L67ss

Royal Smart Person
Dec 8, 2016
I guess had it not had water in the the oil before parking I wouldn't be so worried about the bearings. But the reason I redid the tbi heads back then was because it had blown both head gaskets. At some point before he bought the van he got the motor from some one had taken the top end apart to look the engine over and reassembled using the same gaskets and bolts etc. Actually held up awhile. Not too worried about the crank. If it can't be polished out I'll just grab a cheap jy crank

L67ss

Royal Smart Person
Dec 8, 2016
But.....the bores are absolutely perfect on the block. Not a single scratch and no wear that I could find. Pistons didn't even have much carbon to speak of. Kinda surprised me with it being from a van. Guess we could have knocked some carbon loose while we were tearing *ss with it in the camaro roflmao

L67ss

Royal Smart Person
Dec 8, 2016
My brother also gave me an 86 trans am spoiler that came with his spare hatch :)

L67ss

Royal Smart Person
Dec 8, 2016
Another freebie from my brother. Gave the the stock seats from his 88 iroc :)

L67ss

Royal Smart Person
Dec 8, 2016
So. Yesterday I added a 442 style airdam my brother gave me, removed my HVAC box, converted to crank windows, and started overhauling an hei for the motor. Also a few days ago we pulled an eng/trans from a 79 elcamino to put in my brothers 70 c10. He gave me the exhaust and manifolds to use as temporary exhaust

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor