BUILD THREAD 1986 Regal Project by 565bbchevy

Geo's66

Master Mechanic
Oct 7, 2014
Thiswoll be great to watch- thx for doing it... Those shields, are they for most gbodys? I'm upgrading to the blazer setup and think I need new ones. Assume you got them at Rock auto? Thanks man

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Thiswoll be great to watch- thx for doing it... Those shields, are they for most gbodys? I'm upgrading to the blazer setup and think I need new ones. Assume you got them at Rock auto? Thanks man
Once I had the part numbers I shopped around for the best price to my door and believe or not I think it was from Walmart.

• Optimistic
Reactions: 1 user

Geo's66

Master Mechanic
Oct 7, 2014
Even better!!.... Any idea if those will work with the blazer upgrade idea? Thx

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
I spent some time looking for shields for you too when you had put a request in, glad you found something that would work.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I spent some time looking for shields for you too when you had put a request in, glad you found something that would work.
I appreciate that, and it surprises me that for all the parts they make now for individual Gbodies that they don't make a simple part like these shields that would probably fit most if not all Gbodies.

theoldsone

G-Body Guru
Dec 26, 2014
Nice. Good to have a laid back slow boat ride sometimes. Good start.

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
I appreciate that, and it surprises me that for all the parts they make now for individual Gbodies that they don't make a simple part like these shields that would probably fit most if not all Gbodies.
Not problem, I like to search around for stuff sometimes, this was one of those things I swore I saw reproduced, but couldn't find it.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I finally got the rear UMI control arms on with the fully adjustable uppers.
I also gutted the catalytic converter a couple weeks ago and welded it back up and started doing exhaust mock ups so I can make some hangers to mount to the Olds split duals in the factory location.
I also started it up Today just to see what it was going to sound like with the gutted catalytic and it is still pretty quiet, which I was hoping for.
IMG_1888.JPG
IMG_1886.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

jeremyandthemonte

G-Body Guru
Oct 20, 2014
I finally got the rear UMI control arms on with the fully adjustable uppers.
I also gutted the catalytic converter a couple weeks ago and welded it back up and started doing exhaust mock ups so I can make some hangers to mount to the Olds split duals in the factory location.
I also started it up Today just to see what it was going to sound like with the gutted catalytic and it is still pretty quiet, which I was hoping for.

Loving the build i noticed you have cobra radials have you driven on them yet? if so how are they? i have them also just wont be able to drive on them stupid winter well if we ever get it :p

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
No, I haven't driven on the Cobras yet but I could not pass them up for the price of $90 each for the rears which are 275/60 and very aggressive looking.
When I sold my blue Regal a couple weeks ago I had my garage open and the tow truck driver that came to pick the car up thought my 86' Regal was the drag car based on the size of the rear tires. (The Monte was well covered) I said no it's just a cruiser.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor