BUILD THREAD 1987 Olds 442 Project Build

oldsofb

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Dec 7, 2007
Maryland
Has the weather gotten any better up there yet? Or are you working on yours in a heated shop? ;)

As Fleming said, the weather has been better (just means I have to start cutting grass now (n))

Sweet! So, y'all MD'ers are gettin lotsa work done on the G bods then!
I'll stop mucking up Hutch's build thread now...

No mucking as far as I'm concerned. I actually enjoy the interaction (vs the ROP Flame Patrol :rolleyes:)

I've been on quite a few forums over the years and this one is the best by light years. It's a great combo of good mods and great people!

Hutch

Reactions: 3 users

oldsofb

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Dec 7, 2007
Maryland
Funny how things work. The same day I comment on the "ROP Wheel Burn" I get a text from my welder. He sent a vid with my wheels on a rotational fixture. He got 0.012 runout on his fixture.

GM, Wheel Vintiques, and others all accept a max of 0.030 runout on aluminum wheels. I think I'm good :D:D

Hutch

Last edited:
  • Winner
  • Agree

oldsofb

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Dec 7, 2007
Maryland
I see no reason to poke the bear.

OK....Fine. I posted the same findings on ROP. Guess I poked the bear a little .

Hutch

• Haha

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
My bet is they'll STILL have something to b*tch about.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

oldsofb

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Dec 7, 2007
Maryland
My bet is they'll STILL have something to b*tch about.

Probably right on that.

Maybe I'll just quote and post one word responses, like “wrong” and “irrelevant” and then wait for someone to burn the whole thread down :unsure:

Hutch

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Probably right on that.

Maybe I'll just quote and post one word responses, like “wrong” and “irrelevant” and then wait for someone to burn the whole thread down :unsure:

Hutch
No balls. Do it! haha

Or you could start it off with "Apparently you have no experience fitting custom wheel centers..." The flame suits couldn't even keep up with what will happen next.

• Haha

oldsofb

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Dec 7, 2007
Maryland
Just got my TH400 Trans from my local shop "The Gear Box"

ATI Rev Man Valvebody, 34 Element Sprag, 4th friction added to Intermediate Clutch Pack, Thrust washers replaced with roller bearings
IMG_4438.JPG

:banana::banana::banana:

Now I have to add the speedo gears. (I never told the shop what I wanted, so I had them leave it out for me to do)

Hutch

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor