1992 Camaro "The Lady Mullet" Z28

Status
Not open for further replies.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Car needs fuel pump, builds custom exhaust from scraps.

PXL_20210921_051031483.jpg
PXL_20210921_050940613.jpg

Just car guy things.

• Agree
Reactions: 6 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
You need a tie-in on that exhaust to the "other one". A finishing touch to your paying homage to the fart can, if you will. Who knows? Your wife may even like it.

18uyysb1cxseijpg-54da79b15fce6.jpg

• Haha
  • Winner
Reactions: 5 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
You need a tie-in on that exhaust to the "other one". A finishing touch to your paying homage to the fart can, if you will. Who knows? Your wife may even like it.

18uyysb1cxseijpg-54da79b15fce6.jpg

Maybe when we get settled out West.

For what it's worth that is the same muffler that is on the Monte.

Reactions: 1 user

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Concerned about drone with a single shot and that can?

I had a race pro on a 3" single shot on my l67 Fturd and it droned the bejeezuz out of me. I put a resonator out back and it helped a lot. I guess you do have two Trudoh approved meows, that probably helps quiet it down.

Reactions: 1 user

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Concerned about drone with a single shot and that can?

I had a race pro on a 3" single shot on my l67 Fturd and it droned the bejeezuz out of me. I put a resonator out back and it helped a lot. I guess you do have two Trudoh approved meows, that probably helps quiet it down.

I used to run Natasha's old LS1 Camaro catless and with a cut out in the I-pipe and it was very blatty. A buzzing half dozen would sound like poop.

It, this muffler potentially droning, was a calculated risk - but the cats are likely going to help a lot. I have lots of room to add another long glasspack in the intermediate pipe if needed. The whole system is modular and comes apart way nicer than stock: Sawzall not required.

These just came in so now I can finish it:

PXL_20210921_141523249.jpg

I only used 3-bolt flanges (extra thick BTW) because they were on hand. V-bands would have been much nicer - but added $100 to the build of things made from junk.

I also found that the transmission mount is blown out and a new one from Prothane should be here shortly too. That should fix the clunk under hard throttle.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Getting it done & prepping for the escape. Nice.

I cannot feel anything any longer. Numb. But, thanks!
---
In other news: It runs again! And sounds like every Camaro you heard in the 80s and 90s with a Flowmaster. Natasha smiled so I guess that's a win. It is definitely not quiet any longer.

PXL_20210922_001332359.jpg

I got sick of the MIG mess, so I went to the TIG for the practice. I believe I got all of the clearances right and it is well supported. Hope to test drive it after the fuel filter and oil change... and that transmission mount.

Reactions: 7 users

Burning

Greasemonkey
Jul 9, 2020
Bardstown, KY
---
In other news: It runs again! And sounds like every Camaro you heard in the 80s and 90s with a Flowmaster. Natasha smiled so I guess that's a win. It is definitely not quiet any longer.

View attachment 184176

I got sick of the MIG mess, so I went to the TIG for the practice. I believe I got all of the clearances right and it is well supported. Hope to test drive it after the fuel filter and oil change... and that transmission mount.
Looks good from my house

Reactions: 1 users

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
---

View attachment 184176

Kevin Dillon Win GIF

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor