200-4r or 4L80E?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TexasT

Master Mechanic
Mar 20, 2008
Texas
You said your self you are on a budget. Why don't you get hold of ck performance, buy his 2004r manual, read up and build your own 2004r?
Save you some money, and learn some new stuff. I did it, and I know others have done the same. Read his book, researched the skillz, tools and techniques necessary and tore into one of the cores I bought at the recycler out of a Cadillac. If you do go this route I would give David Husek at turbo buick performance a call also. He is super helpful and can sell you the pieces you need along with giving you pointers on assembly.
4l80e is nice to talk about but I wouldn't want it sucking my power that could be put to better use propelling my car down the drag strip.

beermonkey9417

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
des plaines, il
i would say get the newr trans, but getting all the parts to fit and work together with the computer, thats a big hassel. on the other hand building the 200-4r trans on your own is possible with some time and a video. i know, ive done it. inorder to build the trans yoursel you will need to upgrade the shafts in side and alot of the gears and such to hardened parts. they do cost more, but they will handle the punishment. if you goto my thread theirs a link of the company i went to to get parts for my 200-4r build. they also sell full built trans. and then itll bolt right up, no adapters, no computers, just plug and play. if you need the video, goto boxwrench.com they also sell a tool youll need 4 times or, if you read the part of my thread that someone gives me a BUNCH of advice AFTER i bought all the tools, its very helpful. or you could just ask and I COULD send you a copy of my video. 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor