200-4R T.V. Cable Adjustment

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrRansom442

G-Body Guru
Aug 4, 2005
St Charles Missouri
307 Regal said:
Anyway I've already got the carb. Its an electronic choke with vacuum secondaries. It needs cleaned out and rebuilt.
The Q-Jet is alright so I'm sure we'll hang on to it, in case the Holley doesn't work out.

on a stock 307, that Holley isn't going to do anything for ya .... aside from make you take the car off of the ECM and drop-in a vac advance distributor. May as well get a non-CCC Qjet if that's the route you want to go.

307 Regal

Royal Smart Person
Oct 21, 2009
Northern Indiana
DrRansom442 said:
.... aside from make you take the car off of the ECM and drop-in a vac advance distributor.

That's the plan.

88MCsupersport

Apprentice
Aug 23, 2012
flushing new york
I recently had the same problem the car would shift way to early, I adjusted the cable as the diagram showed and now when shifting from 1st-2nd at low rpms it shifts very hard, when I get on the car it shifts smother. any ideas on how to get it to shift smoother while keeping it at low rpms?

307 Regal

Royal Smart Person
Oct 21, 2009
Northern Indiana
88MCsupersport said:
I recently had the same problem the car would shift way to early, I adjusted the cable as the diagram showed and now when shifting from 1st-2nd at low rpms it shifts very hard, when I get on the car it shifts smother. any ideas on how to get it to shift smoother while keeping it at low rpms?
That sounds exactly like mine did before I made the adjustment. But is it at least shifting at the right time? Also, if you have an aftermarket carb, do you have the geometry corrector?
as202kProductG2.gif

I've since installed the Holley carb I was rebuilding. I used a bracket like this and it still shifts fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor