200 R4 and 3.73

Status
Not open for further replies.

dougfather

Master Mechanic
Jul 11, 2006
Altoona PA
85 Cutlass Brougham said:
Skip the 307. It is not worth the investment in time or money. According to one of my Oldsmobile brochures from 1985, the HO 307 powered 442 did 0-60 in 9.8 seconds. That is with all the help the 3.73 gears, a roller cam and a dual snorkel air filter could give it.

One more reason that 85 Cutlass Brougham didn't give is that 85 an up Olds motors have next to no after market support. When they went with a roller cam setup, the heads and intake changed to the point where the earlier intakes (and Edelbrock intakes) do not line up properly. More info can be found at: http://www.robertpowersmotorsports.com/G-bodyV6-V8.html

Peter

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
MA
went the junkiyard and got some prices, right now he said he wouldn't sell the rear end but he would keep me in mind but

307 + 200r4 = $300

or

just the 200r4= $150

both are pretty good deals but the engine is a question and it would be a chance but the carb did move, we didn't try and turn the harmonic balencer but i was told the car drove in but he still wasn't sure of the condition of the engine but he said a little over 100,000 miles

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia
where you located at, i have a 350 block and crank and some center bolt heads i might get rid of cheap. couple extra parts and you can build yourself an engine.

Peter

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
MA
mebe007 said:
where you located at, i have a 350 block and crank and some center bolt heads i might get rid of cheap. couple extra parts and you can build yourself an engine.

massachusetts, would preferbly get a complete block but ill keep my options open

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
how about a complete olds 350 that ran before it went into storage for $300 in patterson NY? my brother has one in storage. i can probably deliver it for fuel and tolls. (have to borrow my brothers truck)

Peter

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
MA
ya i'd definitly get something more local, im not rushing into anything this has kinda got to fall into my lap otherwise ill sell the trans or keep it until i want to put into some kind of car because the trans is sweet

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor