383 ez-efi and overdrive

Status
Not open for further replies.

ttype

Greasemonkey
Jan 30, 2017
Brockville, Ontario.
Merry Xmas everyone! Or top o' the season...

Slugging away on projects lately...

Installed a 4 link rear suspension in my 55 shortbox pickup... Utilized cr/moly rod ends and a 8.2" 10 bolt since it came with the truck... And GP "kitchener" swears by them...

Now as soon as I can remember how to post pictures...

R.

Reactions: 1 user

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario

Installed a 4 link rear suspension in my 55 shortbox pickup... Utilized cr/moly rod ends and a 8.2" 10 bolt since it came with the truck... And GP "kitchener" swears by them...

R.

I like the 8.2 and if you have the Eaton posi there was a bulletin on the thrust washer, the material they were made of was too soft so they wore out prematurely. I had to change mine cause they were worn paper thin

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Red Deer, Northern Montana territory

R.
Man. Where are you? I’m in Sylvan Lake, I order parts from summit so it shows up in about a week or 10 days and it’s very comparable with shipping to Mopac.

Reactions: 1 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas

R.
Merry Christmas Rob. Welcome back.

ttype

Greasemonkey
Jan 30, 2017
Brockville, Ontario.
Man. Where are you? I’m in Sylvan Lake, I order parts from summit so it shows up in about a week or 10 days and it’s very comparable with shipping to Mopac.

I'm out Cranbrook way these days... I buy at MoPac in either Cowtown or Garlic City... If I happen to be around there... The guys on 170 are a rather helpful lot, and so are the 16 ave crew... They turned me in to a a shop just off 17/Blackfoot that builds super duper off road buggy's, and they have a supplier out of Markham that machines all of their high misalignment spacers. Very competitive with big stores, and the shipping is rather quick... They'll freight to the Kootenay's since the return trip price is generally higher since the day is gone, add on a few meals blah blah... There are lordco stores in every town 'round here... Machine work gets done on the lower mainland thru lordco, and shipping is almost zilch using their own freight trucks too...

Nice to meet you NR... There are several of us around here... Calgary has a few members... I have been rather preoccupied with travelling for work since spring, selling a shack on the island... Relocating for work as well... Sigh...

Thanks Jared, Steve, anyone else... Hello Cutty... Merry Xmas everyone,

Rob.

ttype

Greasemonkey
Jan 30, 2017
Brockville, Ontario.
Hey Northern...

Is that little uap/Napa store still next door to the scrapyard? I stopped in stettler this summer and checked out their fuel pump replacement catalog for sh*ts and giggles... Good resource in those little stores around the corner... I did settle on a good size inline fuel pump at Calgary MoPac since it was stocked... And a lot of their "performance world" machinery is much more well known than their packaging first appears... Just sayin'...

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Red Deer, Northern Montana territory
The little wrecker yard here is still kicking around. Pretty limited selection there unfortunately.

I absolutely agree that the small town stores hold some sweet deals. I never seem to have time to check them all out unfortunately.

ttype

Greasemonkey
Jan 30, 2017
Brockville, Ontario.
1514341513522311731211.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor