4.1 v6 to buick 350 build (about time) lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, this is the link on eBay to the book you need:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GUIDE-BUICK-PER ... 5d30b42b37

You don't have to buy this exact one, you might find that same book cheaper on eBay or on Amazon.com. You never know until you start searching.

This book by Steven Dove is the best shop manual guide to the oiling system mods and other prep work that you can have, in my opinion. Don't rebuild the engine yourself without it!

Good luck on your project.

Bumpin1ohmSS said:
Hell Yeah!!! Looking clean bruh! Loving that color too!!!

Ecko Warren :wink:

Thanks for checking in bro.. going to be a slow build but it will come along :lol:

melman109 said:
Had a good time wrenching with you this weekend. First time i've tore into a buick engine and i'm learning a lot already. Working on your car is making me want to make the guy around the corner an offer on that t-type regal. I'll swing you by his house next time you stop by. I'm selling the nova to my little sister so I might have to start saving my lunch money and make the guy an offer he can't refuse. If I get it i'll build it for my wife "T-Type Nancy" :mrgreen:

Yea me too had a blast.. I'm goint to oder the book KrisW reffered me to, we can both study that thing cover to cover. We got to do this thing right. Get that T type lol that would be bad *ss. I tried to roll through your neighborhood when I left to see it but I couldnt find it lol. Next time maybe we can go check it out.

KrisW said:
Ok, this is the link on eBay to the book you need:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GUIDE-BUICK-PER ... 5d30b42b37

You don't have to buy this exact one, you might find that same book cheaper on eBay or on Amazon.com. You never know until you start searching.

This book by Steven Dove is the best shop manual guide to the oiling system mods and other prep work that you can have, in my opinion. Don't rebuild the engine yourself without it!

Good luck on your project.

Cool thanks KrisW! Im going to pick that up soon! I think I might just get the one from the link you sent me.. amazon must be crazy check out these prices!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/ ... ition=used

v2vera said:
melman109 said:
Had a good time wrenching with you this weekend. First time i've tore into a buick engine and i'm learning a lot already. Working on your car is making me want to make the guy around the corner an offer on that t-type regal. I'll swing you by his house next time you stop by. I'm selling the nova to my little sister so I might have to start saving my lunch money and make the guy an offer he can't refuse. If I get it i'll build it for my wife "T-Type Nancy" :mrgreen:

Yea me too had a blast.. I'm goint to oder the book KrisW reffered me to, we can both study that thing cover to cover. We got to do this thing right. Get that T type lol that would be bad *ss. I tried to roll through your neighborhood when I left to see it but I couldnt find it lol. Next time maybe we can go check it out.

Will do!

v2vera said:
...Cool thanks KrisW! Im going to pick that up soon! I think I might just get the one from the link you sent me..

Right on. You are on your way to making that car run fast and keeping it reliable for the long haul.

Go ahead and strip your block down. Get ready for your oiling modifications that are coming up. Now is the time for you to save up and buy yourself a little dremel tool. You also need the bits that you can grind with, and some of the bits like you port cylinder heads with. Some of those places in the block where the oil passages make a turn, you will need to stick your bit in there and smooth it out without grinding stuff. You don't want to take a chance on damaging the block, but you want that oil to flow.

Also, don't worry about the paint on the block. You're probably going to repaint it after you are done hahahhah. It happens when you get a lot of work done on it. Also, you may want to take your block to the machine shop to have the cam bearings put in. If your middle and back cam bearings look new, you can keep them. Your FRONT cam bearing has to come out though. Your first purchase from TA Performance should be the special grooved front cam bearing. When you read the book you'll see what I mean. You'll have a little grinding and smoothing to do before you put it in.

Good luck!

Dave V said:
wow looks good. nice work your putting in hope to see you in vegas.

Thanks Dave, planning on going. Should be fun 🙂

KrisW said:
v2vera said:
...Cool thanks KrisW! Im going to pick that up soon! I think I might just get the one from the link you sent me..

Right on. You are on your way to making that car run fast and keeping it reliable for the long haul.

Go ahead and strip your block down. Get ready for your oiling modifications that are coming up. Now is the time for you to save up and buy yourself a little dremel tool. You also need the bits that you can grind with, and some of the bits like you port cylinder heads with. Some of those places in the block where the oil passages make a turn, you will need to stick your bit in there and smooth it out without grinding stuff. You don't want to take a chance on damaging the block, but you want that oil to flow.

Also, don't worry about the paint on the block. You're probably going to repaint it after you are done hahahhah. It happens when you get a lot of work done on it. Also, you may want to take your block to the machine shop to have the cam bearings put in. If your middle and back cam bearings look new, you can keep them. Your FRONT cam bearing has to come out though. Your first purchase from TA Performance should be the special grooved front cam bearing. When you read the book you'll see what I mean. You'll have a little grinding and smoothing to do before you put it in.

Good luck!

Thanks 🙂 Im sure it will be fun..I already ordered the book cant wait until I get it. Can you send me the link to the TA Performance special grooved front cam bearing. Im having some issues at work with my computer and wont let me in that site. I think I'm going to order that, and the Hi volume oil pump kit wich i beleive is this one correct? http://www.taperformance.com/proddetail ... =TA%5F1505

You don't want that oil pump kit. This is what they say about THEIR OWN kit:

**TA Performance does not recommend Hi-Volume, Hi-Pressure oil pumps for most combinations due to the increased load they apply to the front of the camshaft. This extra loading can lead to excessive distributor gear and drive gear wear, distributor gear pin breakage, and front cam bearing failure.

You won't need the high volume kit on a Buick. What you need is a thrust plate, and the adjustable pressure regulator:

http://www.taperformance.com/proddetail ... od=TA_1502

http://www.taperformance.com/proddetail ... od=TA_1510

You also need the grooved cam bearing:

http://www.taperformance.com/proddetail ... od=TA_1559

You need to go to the right hand section of the web page at the top, and download the catalog. Then you can cruise it when the internet is off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor