4 speed manual vs th350

Status
Not open for further replies.

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia
Don't I have to put a ball stud on my block. Will the 4 speed work with my hooker 2451 headers?

ElCamMan515

Master Mechanic
May 18, 2010
Central New York
Check out Maliburacing.com There Is Lots Of Info On The Conversion. I Had to run Stock Manifolds With My 4 Speed Conversion, but I Know There Are Guys Running Headers With The Swap. Just Do A Search On Thier Forum. You Can Buy The Set Up From Thepartsplaceinc.com It Cost Me 309.00 Shipped For The 4 Speed Conversion Kit. You Will Need A G Body 606 Bell If You Do Indeed Do The Swap. Hope You Find The Info Your Looking For! I Havnt Been Able To Really Drive My Elky So I Cant Tell You How Fun It Is To Drive Yet, But I Cannot Wait!

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I can't really comment on 4 speed vs a 350 cause I have a 5 speed... :mrgreen:

it's a blast and when your stuck in traffic there are enough people shocked at a G body with a stick it makes it fun. I went with a Howe hydraulic throw out bearing so I don't have to worry about anything interfering with the headers..

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia
it would be fun for sure. i dunno what i wanna do. working on getting the motor together currently then onto the trans. one thing i have heard though is that the f.a.s.t fuel injection i am interested in doesnt cooperate as well with a a stick.

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
Also if you went with a 3rd pedal you could run more aggressive rear gears. I think it would be badass to have 4.10s+ but not have to rev the living piss out of it above 50mph with the longer 4th gear.

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia
What would be a price to entertain on a complete 4 speed swap minus the clutch and hump for shifter on trans tunnel. Otherwise complete

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor