4 speed manual vs th350

Status
Not open for further replies.

GhettoRacingKid

G-Body Guru
Jul 15, 2010
I run automatics because of a few reason.

I am going to be doing a lot of trips to the track and hitting the street.

also the parts... you run into some issues with the aftermarket when you have stick. like headers, starter etc....

As much as I love driving stick and have been tempted to build one... I keep the stick for my daily driver (6spd miata) and i manually shift my th350 anyway so its not so bad.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
mebe007 said:
it would be fun for sure. i dunno what i wanna do. working on getting the motor together currently then onto the trans. one thing i have heard though is that the f.a.s.t fuel injection i am interested in doesnt cooperate as well with a a stick.

I pm'd the member here who sells and installs the system and asked about any issues with a stick. He said they have installed many on stick cars without any problems which is good news for me...

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia
thats good to know.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Of the 6 cars I own right now, my Cutlass is the only auto -- including my wife's daily driver :D . I think sticks are more fun and give a sportier feel. That said, I love that I can just through the Cutlass in D and roll. My car is intended to be a cruiser though. The stick vs auto debate has no answer. It all depends on what you want.

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia
I think the manual wins for me. Now ill prolly hold off on fuel injection for a while. So isn't a mechanical secondary better with a manual than a vac secondary. I'll be looking to get rid of my demon 650 and get a mechanical sec 750

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
You get more "cool guy" points for a mechanical over vacuum secondary, but in my experience the vacuum works better on 98% of street cars. They typically use less fuel, transition smoother, and flood less often on cold starts. Once the air cleaner is in place it's hard for anybody to tell the difference. Judging by the specs in your sig, you could probably benefit from stepping up to a 750. If it were my car I'd run the vacuum secondary.

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia
Well the car is so far gone from the Sig its not funny. You'll gave to.click the link to see the newest rendition.

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia
Now how do the neutral safety or back up lights work with the manual?

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Neutral switch would actually be a clutch-to-start switch. Backup light switch is built in to most manual transmissions.

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia
How would this tie in with a factory auto column

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor