Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Reactions: 2 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Thanks for the Moog link, Mike.
I bookmarked it for future reference. That is one of the best Moog spring links that I've ever seen.

Charlie, you're going to OD on information. :)

Reactions: 1 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
No problem!

Ironically, the data for the 5662 and 5664 springs are reversed.

oranGekrate

Greasemonkey
Oct 25, 2012
Fredericksburg, VA
Thanks Mr. motorheadmike . That's very nice work.

Which brings me to a question I have. I'll use the 5660 front spring for example...This spring uses a squared end and a tangential end. Which end is up(pocket end)and which is down(control arm). I am pretty sure it's the tangential end that is trimmed. What effect would having both ends tangential? I have a feeling some people just cut and stuff with little thought to this...Maybe not. Just curious.
On the rear spring pontiacgp uses open top spring 5661 which is a squared end. When cut, it becomes a tangential end. Does this matter? I guess using the isolator corrects the possible issue if any.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor