5+ years as a daily update

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
the 5659 and 5661are pig tail on the bottom and open on top. The F body isolator is open in the center and it fits the bubble so it will not move

isolators+close+up.jpg

oranGekrate

Greasemonkey
Oct 25, 2012
Fredericksburg, VA
the 5659 and 5661are pig tail on the bottom and open on top. The F body isolator is open in the center and it fits the bubble so it will not move

View attachment 87427
I was looking at isolators and didn't come across those yet. They look great. Are they available in different thickness? I really like the idea of open top springs.

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Love that wagon. I would do what is necessary to retain it, although "bubbles" in paint never ends well. Like Jack said, Pontiac wagons are few and far between these days...had to talk myself out of buying one locally just last week (project).

That said, I'm a hypocrite, as I have considered the "buy someone else's finished car" route lately. Just too many projects/other responsibilities to finish anything... at least it seems that way lately. Another cold/rainy weekend wasted

Reactions: 1 user

oranGekrate

Greasemonkey
Oct 25, 2012
Fredericksburg, VA
moog is secretive?...try getting the specs from Eibach

http://jeffd.50megs.com/Moog_Spring_Page.htm
Looking at some numbers, the spring force and spring rate are higher than the stock G with the exception to the 5391 spring force is higher...I think the 5391 is a wagon spring. Not sure on that. I'm thinking the 5661 would work fine on a wagon and still carry some modest weight when needed. I was looking at the UMI springs and they are 130 spring rate which is less than these, and linear opposed to progressive. Not real sure what all that means for a daily street cruiser. I need suspension learnin lol

oranGekrate

Greasemonkey
Oct 25, 2012
Fredericksburg, VA
Love that wagon. I would do what is necessary to retain it, although "bubbles" in paint never ends well. Like Jack said, Pontiac wagons are few and far between these days...had to talk myself out of buying one locally just last week (project).

That said, I'm a hypocrite, as I have considered the "buy someone else's finished car" route lately. Just too many projects/other responsibilities to finish anything... at least it seems that way lately. Another cold/rainy weekend wasted
The bubbles have been on it the whole time I've had it, and never gotten any worse, and not in areas that you would normally find them. I'm pretty sure they are from poor paint prep.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
moog is secretive?...try getting the specs from Eibach

http://jeffd.50megs.com/Moog_Spring_Page.htm

Moog is plenty transparent. You can get all the specs from their searchable online catalogue... which I even turned into a sortable XLS file and posted it here.

Simply put you want 5662 or 5664 (700+lb/in) and 4th Gen F-body V6 front springs 220+lb/in) in the rear of a wagon. I have 5660s and cut 4th Gen F-body V8 fronts (~300lb/in); and it is too soft up front, and a bit too stiff in the rear.

oranGekrate

Greasemonkey
Oct 25, 2012
Fredericksburg, VA
Moog is plenty transparent. You can get all the specs from their searchable online catalogue... which I even turned into a sortable XLS file and posted it here.

Simply put you want 5662 or 5664 (700+lb/in) and 4th Gen F-body V6 front springs 220+lb/in) in the rear of a wagon. I have 5660s and cut 4th Gen F-body V8 fronts (~300lb/in); and it is too soft up front, and a bit too stiff in the rear.
You have front springs in the rear?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor