605 Steer'n Box Gave 78K Everyone opts for a Heavier unit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Thanks Jack....

Jack you geezer, how did you find that? I guess that company saw a need and filled it. Terrific!

Thanks to all the metric (G body) cars that are still out there racing the oval tracks there are companies making parts for G bodies....

Geo's66

Master Mechanic
Oct 7, 2014
Ok guys, question as I'm reading this thread and in middle of frame off 78 Monte... Is this the way to go on any gbody? Is this the quick ratio replacement guys want? I really only drove my car a few times before tearing it apart, so can't speak to the steering being especially sloppy although I'll be doing the JEEP shaft upgrade. Thanks and hope I didn't hijack anything here.

Reactions: 1 user

Low_Bridge

Apprentice
Jan 22, 2014
Backwoods
If it's not broke don't fix it. Doing a frame off you can find all kind of coin to spend on new stuff. If it has a 605 box most seem to consider it a weak piece. Believe me, I didn't want to do more than put some seals in mine, but I was convinced it may have been money down the crapper....

Low_Bridge

Apprentice
Jan 22, 2014
Backwoods
Last edited:

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Have you checked out any local junkyards? There's gotta be a few in the Tampa area.
The only thing is that you'd have to be equipped with a pitman arm puller and an arsenal of tools.

I would check and see what Allstar gets to ship the pitman arm and compare that with the Ebay arm. The Ebay piece with shipping might not be a bad deal...that's unless you can score one locally.

Bonnewagon

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Mine cost $5 at a junkyard. I lucked out and found a Regal with it's nose up in the air and no drivetrain. Still needed a pitman puller tool and a BFH and it was hard to get off.

Low_Bridge

Apprentice
Jan 22, 2014
Backwoods
& on third thought I should have put a manual s10 rig in it till I pieced together this new one....I think someone might sat say i told u so......

I'll probably get my act together on a day I don't have other crap to distract me~

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor