78 Grand Prix Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you set on a steel hood? You can get a fiberglass hood from VFN and they’ll cut the hole in it for you for a very small amount extra.

What hedders are you using. I have a 78 SJ car. It's a DD and I want to free up the exhaust. Back in the day (way back BTW) I had a 400 Pontiac in a 79 Cutlass. I used the A body hedders but had a problem with 1 tube. I'm looking for an off the shelf that will fit right.

Mad Dog used to offer them as part of their online catalog. I believe they got too busy with everything else and pulled all of their Pontiac offerings. I think if you call them, they will probably still make you a set. I bought a round port set for my ‘80 Lemans back when they still had them advertised.
What hedders are you using. I have a 78 SJ car. It's a DD and I want to free up the exhaust. Back in the day (way back BTW) I had a 400 Pontiac in a 79 Cutlass. I used the A body hedders but had a problem with 1 tube. I'm looking for an off the shelf that will fit right.

Mad Dog used to offer them as part of their online catalog. I believe they got too busy with everything else and pulled all of their Pontiac offerings. I think if you call them, they will probably still make you a set. I bought a round port set for my ‘80 Lemans back when they still had them advertised.

Mad Dog is the headers that I put on there. They made them for me but they are not on there website. Excellent fit!
070CE857-CC67-483A-950B-BE48FE92EA67.jpeg
3D443A16-7871-4501-9668-BA77330CBDE0.jpeg
DF68E3FB-A49B-4F5C-B0AA-CF4279B02B63.jpeg

I've been working on putting chrome back on the door panels on my 79 go. I've been using the chrome stripping but using adhesive promoter before.

I've been working on putting chrome back on the door panels on my 79 go. I've been using the chrome stripping but using adhesive promoter before.
I used chrome marking pens on two of the door panels and they turned out remarkably well. Even with adhesive promoter, adhesive and sticky chrome tape I still couldn’t get the tape to stick. It could have been the brand, maybe. What chrome stripping and adhesive promoter are you using?

Reactions: TURNA
I bought them both at oriellys

Where did you get the chrome marking pens

Molotow chrome paint pens 3 different size pens. I still have the back door panels to do but the front ones are done. I'll post the pics shortly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor