78 Monte Carlo F-41 suspension question.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott5982

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 2, 2017
Not sure about production numbers, but I had an original 305/4 speed 78 Monte Carlo way back when. I think all the 4 speeds I've seen in person have been V8s.

You could be right, I'm really not sure. Everything I keep reading says that the majority of the cars were V6s that came with a stick....It was not really from a hotrod standpoint it was more of getting a very base cheap car back then. At the time no one was wanting a 4 speed in the Montes for hot rodding purposes. I keep trying to track down specific numbers but even GM can only tell me the same numbers I can find myself online. I'd really like to know how many of the 1400 and some stick cars of that year were V6s and V8s. Its pretty funny, my dad has been a gearhead forever, we've probably owned over 75 different old vettes and hes more in love with this monte carlo than anything else we've ever had previously. I keep asking him why he likes it and he keeps going back to it being so rare of a car....btw pulled out the shifter today thinking i'd find a hurst and instead found an "ITM".....was kinda surprised by that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor