80 grand prix sj vortec swap

Status
Not open for further replies.

454GrandPrix

Master Mechanic
Jul 27, 2016
Lehi, Utah
Fought me tooth and nail but engine is bolted down

Wow, seeing your pictures brings back memories of when I stuffed the Vortec 454 into my 1980 GP. You're at an exciting point right now; keep up the good work!

Reactions: 2 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
No idea... I didn't put it there, just quoted that's all

I tried to post the picture of the harness but that picture had overruled my attempts so I deleted the picture but it reappeared. My pc is possessed and it needs an exorcism so if anyone has a link to one please let me know....:cautious:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Grand prix 80

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 9, 2018
So I dont need and extra wires just plug and go? And thanks I appreciate I do have a gauge on my dash not just the red light

Grand prix 80

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 9, 2018
Well I got a lil further not much I dropped trans pan did filter and pan gasket and cleaned pan and painted it was pretty beat up and bought the jegs 700r4 cross memeber which didnt fit as they said it did.. lol not to bad though just need to slot the holes on driver side which are off like maybe 1/4 if that installed the carb which is all I got for now and ran some wire. I mean shoot I feel like I got alot done but I got so much left lol and thanks on the harness help much appreciated.

Attachments

• 20180821_190746.jpg
    20180821_190746.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 303
  • 20180821_190650.jpg
    20180821_190650.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 289

Grand prix 80

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 9, 2018
Well got the cross memeber mounted and the drive shaft measured and dropped off. Wont be able to work on car tell sunday but plan is to hopefully stab distributor plugs wires cap and rotor and move the battery box from driver side to passenger side on sunday morning after work. Rhen see about scrubbing all the aluminum brackets to try to get them clean before I install all of them hoping I get lucky and the thread fittings from power steering pump will screw into the pontiacs steering box. Then I got to hopefully figure out how to get the 98 yukons ac compressor to work in the car as well I dont think they sell a harness to convert from pontiacs hire to the newer harness if they do what the part number or what did you all do

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor