BUILD THREAD 81 Buick/Olds Turbo Wagon 02/15/2024 More Parts!

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Thanks guys, I am so close now. I hope to have this in paint, buffed out, and on the road for the spring. The interior will be a little slow going, but I'll be driving it. I need to do the speaker pods for the door panels, get the seats recoved, dye/paint all the plastic, do the headliner, and make the console. The headliner and paint is quick and easy, the fiberglass and the seat upholstery will take some time and money.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
My most recent score arrived. A brand new, NOS, PPG rear hatch glass with defrost! I hope it works.

IMG_20161221_191100.jpg

It comes with no frame, so, I have to remove the frame from my old glass and hope that I don't destroy it. I'll paint it black while it's off.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Nice score, Jim. Believe it or not, I've never run across a heated rear glass for a wagon. I knew they existed, but never seen one. Where were you able to find an NOS rear glass?

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Jack, the current glass I have been using has been on all my wagons, they seem to be a rarity. Most guys I've talked to prefer the clear glass. I like the defrost and I have all the factory wiring installed, and have the defrost fitted into the remote start/keyless entry system.

I have been trying to get a fully functioning heated glass for years.

Last edited:

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
Nice score on the rear glass Jim...NOS yet!

Of course in our colder climate up here....I think it's more rare to see a wagon without the rear defrost....

Good to see you're still making progress!

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

86pontiac2+2

Greasemonkey
Jul 14, 2016
Progress pics please, pronto!

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
I'll have to snatch a few pictures this weekend, nothing really to show other than sanded smooth primer, and maybe the lightning rods.

Last edited:

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Merry Christmas gbody forum!

I went in the garage last night and made the floor mount for the lightning rods. The stock mount would have worked, but I wanted the shifter back farther, and right on the floor. This does 2 things, makes it more comfortable for me to shift, and will allow me to keep the console a bit lower there. When I build the console it will all make sense.

The stock shifter plate only had 2 holes for retaining the shifter, kinda sloppy TBH, so this has 4 mounting bolts. I used 1/4-20 nuts welded on the back of the plate. I also made stand offs to mount the plate to the transmission tunnel. Then, used 1/4-20 rivet nuts in the tunnel. I now just have to blast and paint the mount, but just am happy with the result. You can see the shifter sits lower that the stock standoff for the plate.

IMG_20161224_135619.jpg
IMG_20161224_135600.jpg
IMG_20161224_135655.jpg

The flash kinda has the color a little off, but you get the idea.

Here is the steering wheel I bought, should be on its way

20161218_161430_resized.jpg

And a few pics of the sides. The garage is real narrow, so getting good pictures is tough.

IMG_20161224_135815.jpg

IMG_20161224_135753.jpg

So, till next week...

• Winner
Reactions: 5 users

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Started to re-attack my carpc/audio system. I have to keep this on the front burner for the console and dash insert build. I am buying up the last few things I need to do the installation when the time comes.

Reactions: 1 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor