BUILD THREAD 81 Buick/Olds Turbo Wagon 02/15/2024 More Parts!

jetsetw31

G-Body Guru
Sep 9, 2010
Petersburg, VA
Re: 81 Century/GN Wagon Update 11/17/14 Body is on the frame

I've been following this one. :popcorn: Great job! :notworthy:
T

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*

Lookin good!

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl

Looks great, Jim..fine work as always.. :D

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero

Thanks guys!

Got online today and ordered all sorts of Delphi connectors for the fuse block and c100 bulkhead connector. I ordered a few replacement weather pack connectors for under the hood also. I should be doing the wiring here in the coming days, at leasts getting started on the massive task of getting everything situated and run like the factory would, or better. :shock:

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero

wiring and more wiring...

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero

Well, I did get some more work done. Just a boat load of wiring and repairing the hacking that was done before. For those not familiar with turbo buicks, there is an oval conduit that runs from the firewall around the A/C box and to an L channel that is mounted on the engine. From this L channel the wires are broken out to get to all the sensors and the like.

I yanked this whole harness out, and repaired all the wires. Then, I had to add a boat load of wires for the addition features the EBL SFI-6 offers, like Alky control, nitrous control, Dial-a-Timing, shift light, 1 and 3 bar MAPS, and a bunch of others.

I also removed the power feeds for the car from the starter terminal, and I now have a relay/fuse center from an F-body on the drivers side inner wheel well. This allows me to run power from the alternator right to the relay center and to the C100 firewall bulkhead connector. While I had it all open, I upgraded the wire size of the power feeds, and ran all the extra circuits through the C100 connector keeping it stock looking. Everything has been crimped and soldered, and covered with heat shrink where applicable.

It has been taking me a while since I have to make a schematic while I am rewiring the car so I know what I did :D

Here are few pics, I just wanted to update the thread.

Fuse/Relay Center without the terminals. I ordered all new terminals from Mouser for this.

CAM00124[1].jpg
CAM00125[1].jpg

I had to order few pigtails from Caspers to repair some broken weatherpack connectors. I didn't use the white wires and pins, just the plastic housing.

CAM00128.jpg

Here I tossed a fender on just to get the spacing for the relay center

CAM00130.jpg

This just shows the oval conduit. I'll be taking a heat gun to it so it fits real nice.

CAM00132.jpg

Last edited:

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero

Here are a few pictures of the ECM modification to the EBL SFI-6. Pretty strait forward, not a whole lot of soldering, but I wanted the additional ADC channels tied into the ECM plugs.

Stock '8523 ECM

CAM00126.jpg

Covers off.

CAM00134.jpg

Covers off.

CAM00136.jpg

MEMCAL out.

CAM00137.jpg

Adding some wires.

CAM00138.jpg

Last edited:

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero

More pics.

CAM00139.jpg CAM00140.jpg CAM00141.jpg CAM00143.jpg

Visit http://www.dynamicefi.com for more info on this. If you run GM injection, this is a must have!

Last edited:

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Re: 81 Century/GN Wagon Update 11/28/14 Electrical!

Took a break from the wiring, went on to do the valve spring swap. I bought some valve springs from Kirbans. The originals were the stockers, and after taking a few out, just the static height was all over the place. I figured with the new springs and guide seals, it is cheap insurance for the long run. At least till I convert it to a roller cam/lifters. Also, it is easier to do this now, with the wire harness out and the front end off, then it is to do in the car.

I took advantage of the black Friday sales, and got my 1 and 3 BAR MAPs, new weather pack plugs, a bulkhead connector and plugs for the gas tank sender assembly for my double pumps, and some wire.

Pics later.

Last edited:

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor