'83 Cutlass Cruiser Build Thread

Been debating adding the vinyl woodgrain trim around the car once it's painted. Should I do it?

• Yes, that wagon needs woodgrain

Votes: 12 35.3%
  • No, leave that wagon smooth and simple.

Votes: 22 64.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That looks great!!

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
  • Agree
Reactions: 3 users

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
Dragging my feet as usual... lol
The show formerly known as the Car Craft Summer Nationals is this weekend, so it's go time!
All new front brake parts are on the car... rotors, inner and outer bearings, pads, calipers and hoses.
You guys all know what stock brakes look like so I didn't take any pictures hahaha
Got two new tires for the front. Went with 'stock' size 215/65R15 since the 235's rubbed.
I don't know what they use for that blue sh*t on the letters these days, but the last two pair of BFGs I've gotten have been impossible to clean off!
Wiper motor and arms installed with new blades.

Just need to bleed the brakes and grease the front end and it's ready to roll!

• Winner
Reactions: 5 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Blake,
I hope you make the show. I'm sure you won't regret it...now get crackin'....:wax:
After all your hard work, display it proudly. :banana:

I think going with the 215/65's up front is a good choice. I find that my 235/60's also rub up front...when I turn that is. When I used 215/65's, I never had a problem rubbing.

• Agree

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Your closer than me, get er done!

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

• Agree

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
remember, we'll expect pics from the show! :D

• Agree
Reactions: 5 users

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
I dropped the ball the last couple years on pictures... I'll try to do better this time!
Forgot to mention/brag that I polished up the front wheels after I cleaned them up... now just need to do the rears.
All the driveways in our townhouse association are getting seal coated today, so the wagon will be stuck in the garage for a few days.
Which means I won't be able to get the alignment done before the show, but that's ok, I'll take care of it next week.
Time to give everything a good once-over to make sure I didn't miss anything!

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I dropped the ball the last couple years on pictures... I'll try to do better this time!
Forgot to mention/brag that I polished up the front wheels after I cleaned them up... now just need to do the rears.
All the driveways in our townhouse association are getting seal coated today, so the wagon will be stuck in the garage for a few days.
Which means I won't be able to get the alignment done before the show, but that's ok, I'll take care of it next week.
Time to give everything a good once-over to make sure I didn't miss anything!
Blake,
We're holding you to it...:D :p:);)

• Agree

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
Last couple days were busy but I successfully made it to the show today!
So Thursday morning after work one of my buddies swung by and ran the pedal while I bled the brakes.
It kept looking like there was brake fluid seeping around the threads of the bleeders, so I nervously watched them all afternoon.
Pump them up and the pedal feels solid. Driving they felt fine... I'll just keep an eye on them and see what happens.
When I put the front end back together last spring, I couldn't get the grease zerks to thread into the lower ball joints.
I got a couple new ones at Menards that had better looking threads and they went right in. Another item off the list.
After that I got all the ball joints and steering greased up and put the front tires back on.
Last piece of the puzzle to go on was the lower air dam below the radiator.
Set the car down, torque the wheels, fire it up and the fuel pump is leaking around the seam where the two halves crimp together. It's 8:00pm.
So I call up O'Reilly's and they can get one there at 10am. Was hoping to test drive but ok...
Morning comes, I get the new pump, put it on, pull the car outside and it's leaking around the threads going to the carb.
Back the fitting off and re-tighten it and it stops, so I loaded up the car and finally hit the road around 1pm.
Car runs the same as it always did... Stops good, didn't get hot. Drives pretty straight even though it hasn't been aligned yet.
The power steering feels a little heavier than it did before. I don't know if I over tightened something or if it just needs to move around a bit.
It was fun to be back behind the wheel of it again, and I got lots of compliments at the show!
Time for bed so I can get up early and head back!

• Winner
Reactions: 7 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Pics!!!

• Agree

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor