'83 Cutlass Cruiser Build Thread

Been debating adding the vinyl woodgrain trim around the car once it's painted. Should I do it?

• Yes, that wagon needs woodgrain

Votes: 12 35.3%
  • No, leave that wagon smooth and simple.

Votes: 22 64.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
I hope to see that car one day, I need to go on a road trip next year

That's a good idea, Jim! I'm hoping to see yours some day too!
I wonder where next years Power Tour route is going to be...???

Reactions: 1 user

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
That's a good idea, Jim! I'm hoping to see yours some day too!
I wonder where next years Power Tour route is going to be...???
If I'm not mistaken, it will start in Louisville since that's where it ended last year. I don't think the route has been announced yet.

Reactions: 1 user

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
I'm curious to see the power tour route also.

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
Not much new for the wagon lately... I try to get it out and drive it a few times a week.
It's still so new that I only take it out when it's sunny. That should change next year and I'll start stacking more miles on it.
One of my rear tires developed a bulge and some cracks, so that has kept some of the miles down. Kind of a shame since the tread is almost like new, even though they're 8 years old... One of the benefits of not having enough power to spin them I guess! lol

I also decided that either over the winter or next spring I'll pull the front springs out AGAIN... It's too stiff and too high.
When I first put the motor in with the V6 springs the stance was killer, but the springs were too soft. So I put in my Monte SS springs...
Well the front of the wagon wasn't heavy enough, so the car was stiff and sat like a gasser... I hated it, but was too lazy to re-do it.
Last year when I rebuilt the front end, I cross-referenced some part numbers and it turned out that V8 non-a/c springs were the same as the V6 a/c springs (what I originally had) so I figured that would get me in the ball park since I had shed so much weight off the front of the car by getting rid of the a/c and swapping to the aluminum hood. Well just my luck it's even stiffer and sits just as high.
I'm not going to bother cutting coils because that will just make the spring rate worse... so I'll need to do some homework and pick the right ones for my set-up... Irritating... That's all I've got as far as my immediate plans for the car.
Fall is, and has been beautiful here in Minnesota, so I'll get some more cruising in before it's time to go into hibernation for the winter...

Finally a couple fresh pictures for you guys!
Lots of people pick unique locations like a track, or an abandoned building or something like that to take their cool pictures at...
I chose the most natural of habitats for a wagon... the grocery store...

22228639_10159502093515387_3640754911095865724_n.jpg

And the mall...

22196285_10159502097300387_86740107703535570_n.jpg

Taken at Eden Prairie Center, about 2 miles from my house... This is where the movie Mallrats was filmed.
Behind me is the now empty Sears portion of the mall, and the only remaining exterior area that still looks like it did in the movie.

Winter's a comin... stack the miles on while you can!

Reactions: 7 users

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Thanks for the update! Glad to hear you are wheeling it. I've put 650 miles on mine since paint.

Reactions: 1 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Hey Blake,
I'm glad to see you're putting in some seat time in the old gal.
I know I don't drive mine as much as I should. Cars don't like sitting idle for too long.

As far as front springs are concerned, my buddy used Moog #5658's on the front of his Cruiser. I haven't seen it in awhile, but he said the car sits nice with them.
It had a Chevy 350 in it and now is back to an Olds 307 with a 200-4R. It is also an A/C car with an aluminum hood.

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
Thanks guys!
Jack, the springs on my car now are actually Moog 5600's, and with no a/c it's even lighter than your buddies wagon...
Got about 800 miles on the car and it looks like this will be the last week on the road... Winter is headed our way!
The 442 just needs the cover thrown back on it... poor thing never moved all year.
I'll drag the Century out to my storage spot this week so that will be out of the way, and bring my snow tires for the Roadbarge home.
Then I'll try and get a few more cruising miles in with the wagon before I get it ready to hibernate...

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
Got everything stashed away for winter just in time.
The week before Halloween was our last of nice weather...
Finished all the outside chores, got the Buick moved out to storage, threw the cover back on the 442 and took the wagon for a final ride.
The week of Halloween I had to serve on jury duty, and it dropped about 20* outside so nothing got done.
Last week we hauled the hearse over to its new home at my buddies dad's place. He had expressed interest in buying it back a few years ago, and I just don't have the space to do anything with it... It's in good hands, and I'll buy it back again when he's done with it.
Last weekend I drove down to Chicago to visit some friends and check out the Muscle Car And Corvette Nationals.
Had a great time and the Roadbarge knocked out 23+ mpg with the cruise set at 74.
Yesterday was finally warm enough again that I wiped the wagon down and threw the cover on it as well. All tucked in for winter.
I need more space!

23659157_10159717856890387_635527049506212831_n.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: 6 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Looks like the cars are all tucked away for winter hibernation....cool pic, too.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
Time for a rare winter update!
Haven't done any work, but I picked up a center console from my buddy 88hurstolds!
I'll dye it brown and get it in the car at my leisure lol... sometime this spring...
Stay warm everybody!

19601572_10159992639890387_1606205508425740594_n.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: 7 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor