84' Cutlass pro touring build

Back to regular scheduled program
Sort of.
I'm installing led lights in garage which is something I should have done years ago. Bending conduit, pulling wires. An old T12 fluorescent resides dead center of engine bay. My attempt to remove it had me take a header off ladder. As soon as I landed I told myself how lucky I am. Wasn't terrible. But jammed my index finger. Today my hand is swollen 😫 I will not quit 😤 🙂
I am one accident prone guy ever since the age of 8. Big wheel accident. 13 stitches in chin. And it hasn't stopped. Anyone else as injury prone as me ???

Had a glass guy who happened to be fixing a windshield for a friend take out my rear glass. 40 bucks well spent and first time I've paid for labor on car. Anyway any tips on removing this stuff?
20220421_083857.jpg
20220421_083906.jpg

Agreed.

Map torch & pick/small screw-driver/wire brush might be required for the residual stubborn stuff.
Still have head liner so that might be catastrophic. Lol. But I guess my heat gun may help.
He said it's urethane. Anyone know what they used from factory?

originally they used butyl.in my opinion with these cars the difference is negligible.if we were talking unitized construction with a SRS system etc I'd say urethane is a must.ive done it either way on these cars without issue.

If you go with heat/torch, take the time and drop the headliner. You'll be sorry if you don't.

I'm going to have to take it down because it's the original blue and that won't work with black and maybe tan interior. It was replaced right before I bought the car. Will it get trashed removing it? Worth trying to paint ?

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor