84' Cutlass pro touring build

I bought and tried stripper on a front fender. I was not impressed. I can try it again.

The modern paint strippers aren’t as powerful as they used to be, you can thank the EPA and the nanny states for that. They are still effective tho, try roughing up the surface of the old paint with some sandpaper to give the stripper some “tooth” to bite into first.
It’s always been effective for me.

Should you go that route again, comma when you put the stripper down(ha!)
Put a sheet of plastic Over it,it's a little more effective that way and keeps the fumes down.

I did scratch surface quite a bit with 80 AND I covered with plastic. After watching some YouTube i realized that I might have to reapply several times. I used the old stuff about 30 years ago and it worked very well.

It's been 30+ years since I employed a stripper................................sadly ;(

It's been 30+ years since I employed a stripper................................sadly ;(
200.gif

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor