84' Cutlass pro touring build

84dragcutlass

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2009
North Vernon IN
Tony,

I noticed on the wiring for your LS that plastic fiber loom works best with a bit of heat shrink on each end to hold it in place and keep a lot of junk from getting down inside it. Also helps keep the wires from slipping out later down the road since its just a curl. Just an observation, like the progress

Reactions: 1 users

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
Tony,

I noticed on the wiring for your LS that plastic fiber loom works best with a bit of heat shrink on each end to hold it in place and keep a lot of junk from getting down inside it. Also helps keep the wires from slipping out later down the road since its just a curl. Just an observation, like the progress
I agree and still may do that but the heat shrink would have to be like 3/4 inch id to get over the connections... does that make sense ?

Reactions: 1 user

84dragcutlass

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2009
North Vernon IN
They make a shrink "tape" where you wrap it like electrical tape then heat shrink it, its really nice stuff for areas where you havent cut the wires or arent making a harness from scratch.

Reactions: 2 users

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
Are you guys talking about 3m Scotch rubber splicing tape? We use that wrapping Burndy fittings. Also a Scotch liquid rubber brushed over that to make it weather proof but that gives it a slightly browned look.

84dragcutlass

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2009
North Vernon IN
Adhesive Lined Heat Shrinkable Tape (Cross-Linked)
Shrink to Fit on Cables without Disconnecting Them
Select Thickness0.031" Wall Thickness0.04" Wall ThicknessGM-FIX-105-25
$20.71Qty: Color Black [($2.85)] Red [($4.28)]
We Guarantee to Have the Best Price

6 Reviews
Norton Shopping Guarantee

• Adhesive Heat Shrinkable Tape
  • Adhesive Lined Heat Shrinkable Tape
  • |||videoviewer>player|||
‹›
  • Adhesive Heat Shrinkable Tape
  • Adhesive Lined Heat Shrinkable Tape
What's special about this adhesive heat shrink tape?
  • Allows you to use heat shrink when disconnecting cables or hoses is not possible
  • Creates custom splicing on damaged cables
  • Withstands high temperatures so it can be used in various locations
  • Waterproof material and adhesive create watertight seals
  • Click for More Features

Heat shrinkable tape is an environmentally friendly heat melted adhesive lined polyolefin tape. This heat shrink wrap tape is primarily used for repair of electrical cabling and insulation, particularly when they can't be disconnected, but has many other uses as well.

• Price

Reactions: 3 users

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
Getting ready to shoot some epoxy primer on firewall. All I can say is getting that undercoating off was a chore. I scuffed it with 220 then 320 and still will go over it again before a good cleaning with metal prep. Sound good?
20191205_181119.jpg

Reactions: 6 users

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
Ok guys. I'm using Eastwood's 2k aero spray and I'd like to use it on the window trim as well. Can anyone tell me how to prep the trim ? Scuff with Scotch brite or sandpaper?
I should explain first.... Using it on firewall and pot time is only a day or so. So would like to take care of other little parts since I should have more than enough. Thanks

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor