84 Monte Carlo Engine Swap...or Camshaft Replacement ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

UC645

Royal Smart Person
Apr 20, 2020
Kittanning, Pa
Good god.

I ain’t reading all of this mess so I’m glad/sorry this is happening.

Build. Another. F******. Motor.

You’re up to your hairline in the sink cost fallacy, start swimming.

Reactions: 3 users

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
I ain’t reading all of this mess..
That's just rude. Don't be like that type of person where people take the time to give their advice and you pass it up.. :)

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

g0thiac

G-Body Guru
Sep 6, 2020
It's the notorious hate for 305 motors in this forum...
Right, because it couldn't be the stubborn interactions when getting advice ctfu 🤦‍♀️😭😭😭

g0thiac

G-Body Guru
Sep 6, 2020
ASSUME... *ss out of U and ME 🎯💯
And you didn't think that, when you ASSUMED driving a THREE decade old car across state lines had all the fluids? 😌😂😂😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 3 users

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
And you didn't think that, when you ASSUMED driving a THREE decade old car across state lines had all the fluids? 😌😂😂😂
Well the seller said it was good to go.. 🤣

• Optimistic
Reactions: 1 user

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Dude, it's been confirmed almost a year ago that anything you have to say to me is irrelevant...I have no respect for you or your "advice"... I don't even know why you continue to follow my threads only to sh*t on them... that's all you ever do...

I guess misery does love company...keep up the hard work...🤷🏾‍♂️🤡🎯💯
Tynan, people on this forum have been trying to give you good advice since your first thread. Ive seen you on FB asking questions and people on those groups have also been giving you advice. Some of us on here are probably old enough to be your father. Including me. Im going to tell you the same thing I would tell my 33 year old son.
This Monte is your only transportation. Youve been trying your hardest to fix the thing up but it seems theres always a new problem. Most of these problems would cost a decent amount to fix if done properly. Granted youre learning how to do things (although some of your repairs are VERY rough) and your spending a ton of money but this might not be the smartest thing to do in your situation. Youve said you have kids. You always say money is tight. You live in an apartment complex with no garage and from your posts you have a very limited amount of tools.
Maybe you should consider unloading this money pit and pick up a good used car that would be more dependable. Im sure it would suck for you if you were taking your kids somewhere and the Monte crapped out on the side of the road. Im not trying to be a ball buster. Im just trying to give you advice pertinent to the situation youre in. No insults. Like I said, I would be telling my own kid the exact same thing. Maybe down the road when you have become more financially secure and the kids are older you can buy something to work on. But not as a daily driver.

• Agree
Reactions: 7 users

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
Well the seller said it was good to go.. 🤣
The seller probably assumed it was good to go since it got him everywhere he drove it (local traffic that's close to home?). It's also possible he never once checked it & wasn't worried about it. The buyer apparently did assume it was good to go. What's that old saying????

Dictionary

ca·ve·at emp·tor

/ˌkavēˌät ˈem(p)ˌtôr/

noun
    • the principle that the buyer alone is responsible for checking the quality and suitability of goods before a purchase is made.

"caveat emptor still applies when you are buying your house"

Translations and more definitions​

People also ask

What does caveat emptor literally mean?

Let the buyer beware

What Does Caveat Emptor Mean? Caveat emptor is a Latin phrase that translates to "let the buyer beware." It means that an individual buys at their own risk.Sep 1, 2022

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
Oh I completely agree with the above scoti

I just see the aspect of two adults, one with decades of "experience", went to look at a car and a 10sec basic road worthy check wasn't done. We are talking basic rookie stuff.

So when the basics can't even be accomplished, the more elaborate stuff is already out of reach, which we've seen also.

mikester made a very accurate and well worded post full of sense and logic, but that only applies where it can be received and understood.

This is a forum to help out our automotive community, with all kinds of experience and knowledge. Most of us here are more than willing to help out and do, however if you're that special little pinecone that wants to go on your own path and do it 10x harder and not take from what we learned, well so be it. I'll watch with no sympathy. :)

thread forums GIF

Reactions: 1 users

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
Oh I completely agree with the above scoti

I just see the aspect of two adults, one with decades of "experience", went to look at a car and a 10sec basic road worthy check wasn't done. We are talking basic rookie stuff.

So when the basics can't even be accomplished, the more elaborate stuff is already out of reach, which we've seen also.

mikester made a very accurate and well worded post full of sense and logic, but that only applies where it can be received and understood.

This is a forum to help out our automotive community, with all kinds of experience and knowledge. Most of us here are more than willing to help out and do, however if you're that special little pinecone that wants to go on your own path and do it 10x harder and not take from what we learned, well so be it. I'll watch with no sympathy. :)

thread forums GIF
We're on the same page. 100%.

CM1SCW

Greasemonkey
Nov 6, 2020
Lenoir City,TN
DITTO what Mikester said, count up all the money spent so far and realize this is just a big money pit that he doesn't see. But i truely believe he really likes the negative remarks and just tries to get at all of our nerves. Even when he says he isn't looking for the attention

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor