BUILD THREAD 86 GP 2+2~Blown 6.0

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
I noticed this particular monkey wasn't washing dishes. Bad monkey.
Or was it a bad monkey...
Think Sesame Street GIF

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Maybe I should have clarified, the fender is going on the shelf until I paint the car. No purple fenders... No monkey spanking....

Lolz
Don't worry Mike spanks the monkey enough for all of us

• Haha
  • Agree
Reactions: 4 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Diddly squat interior update #125.7

Got the 4th gen shifter boot in. It matches the seats really close so although the color match is poor (non existent?) on the console it actually blends in.

I thought I was going to build a plate from scratch but I dug the factory auto plate out of my parts box and realized it wasn't in mint condition so if I cut it up, I wasn't loosing much. I was able to cut the inner portion out that covered the area near the auto floor shifter itself and glued the 4th gen boot onto the inside lip of the plate. It actually turned out really nice.

The only issue is that because the top of the GP console is so tall and the hole that is stitched into the boot is relatively large, there isn't enough tension to keep it down. It rides up and gets near your hand on the shifter. I don't think it's issue at this point, but if I run into it with my hand in the future I might try to take a tiny black zip tie and try to apply some clamping force around the boot so it stays down.

The way the shifter stick comes out it got close to the right side of the console (and actually hit) when in reverse, so I bent the hurst stick so it's more biased to the left. I get full range of motion so no complaints.

Should stop crap from falling into the black hole that is the console!

1624916841351.png

1624916853431.png

Reactions: 7 users

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
More a journal for my sanity.

Both the bangshiftbilly

And the clutch tamer

Seem to claim success lies in pulsing the solenoid open until pressure drops to a determined value. IE the clutch TOB pressure has to hover at a fixed value for a determined amount of time so the clutch acts like a converter.

Everyone else is doing what I am, oddly with the same damn parts (I didn't know they existed) but they fail to have a check valve to allow the clutch to be pressed in even if the solenoid is closed.

The clutch masters one can't be turned on/off
The Magnus/MAP one doesn't have a check valve
The tilton one is non adjustable and non switchable

SO!

I might need to put a timer in (or, more effectively, do a closed loop control that closes the solenoid for a period of time delay once the TOB achieves a specific pressure). Should be an easy Arduino project.

But I am going to wait until I make a run at the track with this setup before.

Reactions: 5 users

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Maybe I should have clarified, the fender is going on the shelf until I paint the car. No purple fenders... No monkey spanking....

Lolz
He can't have purple, I laid claim to that 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
Aside from hot dog lady's talents, if you are at the point of needing 3 pumps and you're letting them dangle in the tank then you better be aware that you might be treating your motor like the hot dog lady.
that's no lady btw..
wedding crashers comedy GIF

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor