BUILD THREAD 86 GP 2+2~Blown 6.0

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Bad ASSS !!! gotta love having access to a lathe and other machining tools. I used the crap out of them at the base for my turbo buick, the Air Force has almost everything, lol.

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
I hope it fits under the stock hood! I think it should, it uses the same intake as the car blowers like GTO's and it fits and the blower is just a bit taller than magnacharger ones. I'm crossing my fingers!

vanrah

G-Body Guru
Apr 16, 2013
Near Afton, Wisconsin
Greetings 81 Cutlass & all; So my first question is will you change your 81cutlass ID to something more exclusive? As you now have something SPECIAL & Unusual. And the LS engine, Go for it, great choice. I was a contract draftsman before retirement & one of the head hunters (employment agent) has or had a Pontiac collection back then. A couple of older GTO's & a 2+2 that he drove more than the others. I remember him trying to sell it, not even one call, no body wanted it, but of course I liked it. When you're done I think many will give you positive remarks. Having a performance car that FEW others have is the top of the herd from my perspective. And the balance of your finished product will be much nicer than carrying round a bunch of iron, even with the charger. Keep it LOW & gear it Tall, Bob Jr.

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
On today's episode of "if it looks stupid but works, it's not stupid!"

Adapter plate between the GM DBW motor actuating the ford TB. GM TPS with the back milled off and flipped backwards to compensate for the ford and GM throttle bodies being on opposite sides. I'll pull it apart and seal it up better after I verify it works. I'm concerned the motor will hit the master cylinder so until I drop the motor in the car and verify I'm not putting any more time in it. .

Reactions: 1 user

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Very cool! If it hits the master you could always fab a small bend to go between the blower and the TB? It would push the TB forward more, but could help with clearance issues.

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Thats one option. Other is to flip the TB backwards and make the TB motor fit between it and the blower. TBD.

Home from college for Christmas break. Got the iron heads off and studs in and LS9 HG's in. 317's should be done middle of next week to go back on.

Reactions: 1 users

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Progress!

Gotta do what ya gotta do!

Pulled the rest of the interior. Everything is going to get a good cleaning. Mouse smell is bad!

Gotta redo the door hinge bushings

A G body door does fit in a 4th gen! Top front is cracked like most G body doors and the mounts where the fabric pads that hold the window in were cracked so they gotta get welded. Going to college and tigging them.

Thats a transformation

Look at all that room for activities!

Reactions: 2 users

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Progress, gotta love it!

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
nice amount of work so for! you've def given me an idea with the TB, as I'm thinking more and more on a 3800s/c swap, and don't want to cut a hole in the firewall....

BTW, love the "tow motor"! most people here in NC wouldn't even know what that is!

Darin

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor