BUILD THREAD 86 GP 2+2~Blown 6.0

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Awesome, thanks! Its the drivers top door side. It baffles me to where it went. Can't find it anywhere. Annoying since I don't loose stuff really.

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Back with some updates! Blake came in clutch and I got the missing door hinge. I just gotta get the door back on.

Made some fuel rails

Final belt routing, looks great!

Spent most of the day organizing the harness and learning what plugs go where. Decided where its routing and labeled and removed the fuse block plugs. Found out my injectors arent the same that are in the harness. I thought the 5.3 had EV6 connectors but the harness doesnt plug into the injector. I think i have the delphi injectors and not EV6 bosch ones. Not a big deal, I am going to run the EV1 style GTP injectors I have laying around from when I went to 60lb on my l67. I just have to convince my college buddy to part his GTP out a little more to get the last 2, hehe!

Reactions: 3 users

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
I don't know how you find all your money or time for all your cars, but love all them. This 2+2 is going to be kick *ss!

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Officially hit the part of the build where you put in a full day and nothing looks any different. Got the fuel system in and started wiring. OBD port is in, fuel pump wired up, drew up my wiring diagram. Intake is ready to go on with some correct bolts that should be here tomorrow. Need some starter bolts too. Hopefully will get it fired by the end of the week.

Reactions: 1 users

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Harness is factory 02 yukon or so. Its actually a drive by wire 01-02 one since my tb is drive by wire.

Made some progress today. Bolted the intake and blower together for the last time and fit the fuel rails and injectors. Leak checked the rails and it looks okay so far. Also started doing the wiring on the fuse box. Moved some wires in the harness and got it in place pretty close. Also moved the tailshaft mount on the trans a bit to the drivers side to gain a bit of room on the header. Starter is in too. Dad helped a bunch on the wiring and got the grounds made.

Just need to weld the motor mounts in, put in the torque converter bolts, bolt on headers for the last time, get the TB on and finish the wiring. Then its ready for a dry fire!

Reactions: 3 users

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
With good news comes bad news

Bad
-No oil pressure or flow, nothing. I cranked it twice for 20 seconds and didnt get any pressure, didnt even fill the filter. I started it twice for about 10 seconds and it filled the filter but no pressure. Going to try to prime the pump tomorrow to see if it does anything
-Broke the casing on my throttle body motor. I dont know if I am spinning it backwards accidentally or not. Im on a wierd 00-02 system that there isnt much info on.
-Power steering pump leaks bad. Need a different one

Good
Motor started! Ran for a few seconds to make sure its good but it fires right off and if I had oil pressure Id feel a ton better

Reactions: 1 users

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Had to force prime the pump but I got it to prime finally and have oil pressure now! Open headers=loud.

Next up cooling system.

Reactions: 4 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor