BUILD THREAD 86 GP 2+2~Blown 6.0

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
So what's the endgame here? Do you want cruise and E85? I feel like I glossed over a detail here.

Yes.

My cruise doesn't work today because the PCM does a gear ratio check between engine RPM and trans output speed. It thinks it has 60e gear ratios. It actually has t56 ratios. I can't segment swap t56 info in the tune because no compatible info exists and I can't change the gear ratios because the table doesn't exist.

Stock PCM life...

Reactions: 1 user

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
Yes.

My cruise doesn't work today because the PCM does a gear ratio check between engine RPM and trans output speed. It thinks it has 60e gear ratios. It actually has t56 ratios. I can't segment swap t56 info in the tune because no compatible info exists and I can't change the gear ratios because the table doesn't exist.

Stock PCM life...

Are you sure the ratios are to blame? Like I said my Z06's trans segment has 4L60 ratios in there with only 4 gears to input. It must be something else. For instance, in my engine segment the rev limiter is defined by gear and there it lists 6 forward gears. Have you considered converting to a dbw throttle? I betcha that'd get you fixed up.

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Are you sure the ratios are to blame? Like I said my Z06's trans segment has 4L60 ratios in there with only 4 gears to input. It must be something else. For instance, in my engine segment the rev limiter is defined by gear and there it lists 6 forward gears. Have you considered converting to a dbw throttle? I betcha that'd get you fixed up.

I am not sure. Does your z06 have a 60e trans PCM with a t56?

I actually do have a DBW throttle. 02 P01 with a silver blade LS2 TB.

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Oh and instead of spending last night cutting and welding my LCA relocation brackets I vid-jay-ohed my 'UNGN' +my revisions suspension kit.

Professor me with my whiteboard and monotone narration. Woop.

• Winner
  • Clever
Reactions: 3 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Oh and instead of spending last night cutting and welding my LCA relocation brackets I vid-jay-ohed my 'UNGN' +my revisions suspension kit.

Professor me with my whiteboard and monotone narration. Woop.

Y U attack muh A-body?

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
I am not sure. Does your z06 have a 60e trans PCM with a t56?

I actually do have a DBW throttle. 02 P01 with a silver blade LS2 TB.

Mine is a C5Z with P59 PCM but still claims the 60E ratios in the trans segment. Seeing how the cruise drives the dbw tv, I was thinking this was more where the issue lied.

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Y U attack muh A-body?
I go for the Juglar.

Mine is a C5Z with P59 PCM but still claims the 60E ratios in the trans segment. Seeing how the cruise drives the dbw tv, I was thinking this was more where the issue lied.
So the cruise on yours works with a t56 even though the 60e ratios are in the trans segment AND it is NOT t56 segment swapped?

Interesting.

Basically I lost cruise when I went from 01 P01 with segment swapped t56 trans data to 02 P01 flex without a t56 segment swap.

Reactions: 1 user

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
I go for the Juglar.

So the cruise on yours works with a t56 even though the 60e ratios are in the trans segment AND it is NOT t56 segment swapped?

Interesting.

Basically I lost cruise when I went from 01 P01 with segment swapped t56 trans data to 02 P01 flex without a t56 segment swap.

It came with, I assume, the T56 segment. Strange they didn't account for its ratios within.

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
It came with, I assume, the T56 segment. Strange they didn't account for its ratios within.

Interesting. With that knowledge I might be chasing the wrong solution.

So maybe there is ratio programming under the HPtuners interface specific to t56 files? Maybe the gear ratios in a t56 tune are shown to be 60e stuff but aren't active?

I need to do some more hunting but at least I learned something.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor