BUILD THREAD 86 monte carlo ls basket case

88AZSS

Master Mechanic
Mar 13, 2018
Mesa, AZ
Having done the dash a couple months ago now and installing it, hows it holding up? You said you had to trim some parts and add screws below. Is there any pointers for that process or something youd have done different? Looking to do this soon. Looks good!

Drkuhar

G-Body Guru
Sep 27, 2018
Girard, IL
Having done the dash a couple months ago now and installing it, hows it holding up? You said you had to trim some parts and add screws below. Is there any pointers for that process or something youd have done different? Looking to do this soon. Looks good!
One thing I would have done different is the adhesive I used. The eBay instructions said to use silicone adhesive. I think if I had to do it again I would use real glue or 2 part epoxy. That is part of why I had to put screw in places. The mold isn't the best and it would pull the silicone apart from not fitting curves properly and you can only trim so much.. I think these dashes swell and warp a bit and it might have been better to shave down the original dash more than I did so this would have laid down better

My eBay elcheapo just required so much trimming and cobbling that although it looks ok in pictures , up close in person it's fit is not very nice. The curves and bends don't follow the dash 100% . Durability wise I haven't noticed anything bad , no cracking or anything and it is a big improvement over what I had. On a budget definitely usable

I would use it again but be willing to shave down the original dash much more than I did and use different adhesive.

• Useful
Reactions: 1 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor