BUILD THREAD 87 Cutlass EFI build: 9/13/23..NEW STUFF!

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
It's curing in the garage now and looks so much better than the 3 piece ECM kick panel.
I actually keep the 3 piece kick panel but modified it for my MSD timing control so I have easy access to it and put the cover on when I am done.

IMG_1480.JPG

Reactions: 5 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Just had an aha moment. One of my sisters and brother in law came over for some homemade potato soup. He works for LKQ Corp which also owns Goodmark. He now has the part number for the clips and gonna let me know Monday what price he can get on them. I'll let everybody know, and if need be I don't mind doing a bulk buy.
Tell him to work a little harder and make that stock go up some. :) I have shares I want to get up just a couple more bucks to convert to a dividend stock. Gotta make a little profit, knowhutimean? LKQ doesn't pay dividends. And it isn't going like gangbusters like I thought it would. I got in last year when they announced a periodic buyback program from time to time for 3 years. It hasn't really helped that I can see.

Anyway, if he's got some leads on a stash...it's all good.

Reactions: 4 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
As some have seen, I was able to find a 2dr Blazer at one of the junkyards here. That meant snatching the rear sway bar since it's a cheap pro touring style upgrade, and cost me $17.71 out the door. I'll need to get new end links, and try to paint match it to the trailing arms. It looked like a typical undercar junkyard part all nasty. All the hardware is in evaporust, and the bushings are soaking in soapy water...
20191029_144400.jpg

However, after some time with degreaser and a wire brush it looks way better!....
20191029_185622.jpg

Also, my brother n law at LKQ came up empty on the rear window trim clips. He can get them for 30 cents cheaper per unit, but his database shows on national backorder. Sooo I'll pay the GM dealer a visit.

Reactions: 8 users

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
Lots of good progress lately! (y) I think I'll grab a 2 DR. Blazer rear bar on the next 50% off day at the JYard.

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Have your brother-in-law hook you up with a couple of spare LS3's while he's at it LOL

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
I have an extra set of links new unopened if needed
I'm going with a custom setup on the end links I bought today. These have weld brackets which is bad news for me, but gonna have my neighbor weld some flat plates to them to essentially have a U shaped bracket. Then I'll have another flat piece above the crossmember brace that'll be bolted together. It's similar to the UMI setup, just WAY less expensive!
20191030_084404.jpg

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
I'm going with a custom setup on the end links I bought today. These have weld brackets which is bad news for me, but gonna have my neighbor weld some flat plates to them to essentially have a U shaped bracket. Then I'll have another flat piece above the crossmember brace that'll be bolted together. It's similar to the UMI setup, just WAY less expensive! View attachment 127217
No problem. just thought I'd offer.

Reactions: 2 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor