BUILD THREAD 87 Cutlass EFI build: 9/13/23..NEW STUFF!

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Life has been in the way to be honest Jared. Haven't driven the car in a couple weeks other than backing out of garage to access the attic. Gonna dig in more on that soon.
Totally understand bud. I was just curious. I know it had to feel good to get that first coat of wax on that beauty.

Reactions: 2 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Totally understand bud. I was just curious. I know it had to feel good to get that first coat of wax on that beauty.
It most definitely did man! I snapped this when I opened the door a few mins ago to take a quick rip...
20210508_091226.jpg

Reactions: 11 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Life has been in the way to be honest Jared. Haven't driven the car in a couple weeks other than backing out of garage to access the attic. Gonna dig in more on that soon.
Bummer (I'm petitioning GP403 for a 'bummer' reaction lol.)

Your car will be there tomorrow, but life today might not be.

Nice pics Scott!!!

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
My rearview mirror mount (thanks for the fitup D) showed up this morning, so I set it up real quick and went driving. I need a better camera, this cheap one has sound issues. Anywho, here's 13minutes of me driving around lol...

• Winner
Reactions: 5 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Haven't really done much to the car the past few weeks. Work has been crazy, but I just finished the longest road trip so far today. Loaded up the trunk, wife and kids and drove 65 miles each way to a real big memorial weekend show. There was 500ish cars there. I came home empty handed as I watched the judges barely give it a chance while looking over it, tbh it pisses me off. I don't mind not winning trophies, I didn't build this car for that, but at least give me a fair chance like everyone else.
The day was breezy and cool, but the Cutlass did great, got a ton of positive feedback, and even managed to average 15mpg which is kick azz compared to the old sbc setup. Some pics...
20210529_134749.jpg
20210529_123753.jpg
20210529_124339.jpg
20210529_122334.jpg
20210529_094612.jpg
Resized_20210529_185803.jpeg

• Winner
Reactions: 13 users

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
There was 500ish cars there. I came home empty handed as I watched the judges barely give it a chance while looking over it, tbh it pisses me off. I don't mind not winning trophies
I'll be honest I have never been into winning a trophy or award for my car I just go to show off my work and see the expressions on peoples faces when they hear it run and I open the hood, what a judge thinks I could care less and I think many judges still don't consider a Gbody a classic.

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
FWIW, the last pic defines the situation - WIN afaic!!!

Trophies.......ugh, to each his own. Looks like a great time in my eyes.

• Agree
Reactions: 7 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
I'll be honest I have never been into winning a trophy or award for my car I just go to show off my work and see the expressions on peoples faces when they hear it run and I open the hood, what a judge thinks I could care less and I think many judges still don't consider a Gbody a classic.

FWIW, the last pic defines the situation - WIN afaic!!!

Trophies.......ugh, to each his own. Looks like a great time in my eyes.
Yeah, like I mentioned it's more about the respect for the craft really. Trophies collect dust, the girls will only be kids a little while longer and having days like today mean more to me than anything!
The fun thing for me is shooting the breeze with gearheads who can appreciate the level of work that's been put in! Had a kid asking me questions because he's working on a Monte, when I told him my social media handle his eyes lit up lol. It felt odd that I was being considered famous over restoring my 1st car and documenting the work for others to see.

Reactions: 8 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor