Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Any auto parts store. Rock Auto.

454GrandPrix

Master Mechanic
Jul 27, 2016
Lehi, Utah
When I first bought my '80 Grand Prix, it seemed the high beam switch wasn't working. Later, it did. Then later still, it didn't. I was baffled until I found the correlation: with the column tilted up (such as when I'm parked), it doesn't work. With the column tilted down (where I put it while driving), it does work.

Since that means the high beams actually work when I need them to, I haven't bothered to look into it any further.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
When I first bought my '80 Grand Prix, it seemed the high beam switch wasn't working. Later, it did. Then later still, it didn't. I was baffled until I found the correlation: with the column tilted up (such as when I'm parked), it doesn't work. With the column tilted down (where I put it while driving), it does work.

Since that means the high beams actually work when I need them to, I haven't bothered to look into it any further.
That should be adjustment of the dimmer switch (it slides on it's mounting "ears". Check out the youtube video earlier in this post if you are not familiar with it.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Dimmer switch? Normally if it is bad there is a problem with the high beams, not the low beams.

81Regal

Royal Smart Person
Apr 5, 2009
Terril Iowa
I have a 1982 Montel Carlo
My headlights won't work I think this is the reason where can I order the part from if it is broken ?
If neither high or low beams work it's a good possibly that it's the headlight switch or the two ground wires on the radiator support.

Rudy913

G-Body Guru
Feb 26, 2016
New Orleans
Dimmer switch? Normally if it is bad there is a problem with the high beams, not the low beams.
My headlights won't work at all now
I figure it was because my high beam and low beam switch was Broken due too me clicking it . It was stuck in hi beam all the time I figure that was the problem causing it not to work .

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor