1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

87 Monte build

Discussion in 'G-Body Build Threads' started by 86monte, Jan 8, 2017.

1. 86monte

86monte Apprentice

Well I've probably got around 50 miles or so on it now. They haven't all gone well lol. I've been fighting a temperature issue that I've finally figured out. Coolant kept disappearing and it liked to get up around 230 for temp. Finally figured it out when I could smell coolant and it was passing right out of one side of the water pump. Got that gasket replaced and it hasn't gotten higher than 160. Started having issues with my starter today. Likes to just spin and not engage. Making progress slowly I guess. Just need to get all the little bugs worked out FB_IMG_1494985759502.jpg

2. 86monte

86monte Apprentice

Okay guys. How important is a pcv valve? Do I really need it or can I just run 2 breathers? Hooked mine up today and the car seemed a bit off. I'm not sure if maybe it's got a vacuum leak around my barb fitting maybe or what. What do you non ls fellas run?

3. MrSony

MrSony Royal Smart Person

What's the regal got for a drivetrain?

4. 86monte

86monte Apprentice

Just a 3.8 and I'm not sure what trans. Don't even have it to the house yet just sitting at a buddies waiting for decisions