87 Monte Carlo LS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Montepit87

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 14, 2020
Nice to see someone from this century getting to our cars & getting dirty working on it. Now how did you get conned into being a wheeled vehicle mecanic, chicks dig dirty old 11B grunts. Ask my wife when she's not pissed off at me. ;)
I got plans to work something like that full time. Made it easier to talk my parents into it. One helluva lot easier. I got plans to buy a 67 impala fastback from family. I like em with the rearwheels making some smoke and a loud rumble.

Reactions: 4 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Made it easier to talk my parents into it
They get over it, my old man was really pissed when I enlisted as a 11B in '92 cause he was drafted in & made a 11B in '69. But After going transfering from an active contract to a Guard contract due to college made him fill a little better.

Reactions: 2 users

Montepit87

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 14, 2020
They get over it, my old man was really pissed when I enlisted as a 11B in '92 cause he was drafted in & made a 11B in '69. But After going transfering from an active contract to a Guard contract due to college made him fill a little better.
I just hope I can drive my car before basic! Sometimes my aspirations bite me in the rear.

PBGBodyFan

G-Body Guru
Mar 3, 2009
Wisconsin
Very cool, looks like you’re having fun and that’s half the battle. Helps that I’m partial to Luxury Sports and you have the checker wheels, bonus.

For the turn signal they do make them aftermarket, pairs are under $100, not sure if they sell them separately. I’ve had used ones before I’ve sold for relatively cheap, on eBay or here you should be able to get a used one affordably.

Reactions: 1 user

Montepit87

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 14, 2020
Very cool, looks like you’re having fun and that’s half the battle. Helps that I’m partial to Luxury Sports and you have the checker wheels, bonus.

For the turn signal they do make them aftermarket, pairs are under $100, not sure if they sell them separately. I’ve had used ones before I’ve sold for relatively cheap, on eBay or here you should be able to get a used one affordably.
Do the new ones Include the bracketing thing that has a better name that I can't think of?

Montepit87

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 14, 2020
Update! I decided to take the front end off and do some work on with a paintbrush. At this point I have the bumper, grill, driver side fender and hood still off from pulling the motor. I was having issues with a batter tray bolt and got it off a couple days ago. So I figured I'd get the rest of the fender off while at it. I got all the bolts off except one. (kept spacers in order with right bolts). The one I still haven't gotten out is stupid. its the lowest bolt in the closest to the door but under. Whenever I would twist on it sand would pour out. I thought this was a Minnesota car not an Arizona car! But the bolts stuck and its making me really happy.

I decided I'm doing a roller cam. Anyone know a set of retro lifters for relatively cheap? I am gonna buy some parts to look at next week and wonder why I never get anything done. I have the gaskets to rebuild it but I want to give it a hone and some bearings before throwing my rebuilt in the 90s and never ran camel hump heads! Also looking for a dual plane aluminum intake. I plan to take the headliner out later this week if my motivation permits.

Reactions: 2 users

RabbitHoleSS

G-Body Guru
Dec 8, 2019
Indianapolis
Update! I decided to take the front end off and do some work on with a paintbrush. At this point I have the bumper, grill, driver side fender and hood still off from pulling the motor. I was having issues with a batter tray bolt and got it off a couple days ago. So I figured I'd get the rest of the fender off while at it. I got all the bolts off except one. (kept spacers in order with right bolts). The one I still haven't gotten out is stupid. its the lowest bolt in the closest to the door but under. Whenever I would twist on it sand would pour out. I thought this was a Minnesota car not an Arizona car! But the bolts stuck and its making me really happy.

I decided I'm doing a roller cam. Anyone know a set of retro lifters for relatively cheap? I am gonna buy some parts to look at next week and wonder why I never get anything done. I have the gaskets to rebuild it but I want to give it a hone and some bearings before throwing my rebuilt in the 90s and never ran camel hump heads! Also looking for a dual plane aluminum intake. I plan to take the headliner out later this week if my motivation permits.
If your talking about the bottom bolt with the head facing down. Im pretty sure you dont have to take it all the way out. If its loose just pull the fender out towards you.

Montepit87

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 14, 2020
If your talking about the bottom bolt with the head facing down. Im pretty sure you dont have to take it all the way out. If its loose just pull the fender out towards you.
It's just spinning at the moment but I will check when I get home tonight and see if that works

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor