BUILD THREAD 87 SS, 305 is the one who knocks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
so there i was digging around on dakota digitals website looking at the hdx gauges and the gear shift sensor thing and i came across the rtx cluster they just introduced and decided this needed to be in my car. the gages bluetooth to a phone app as well, i intend to put my phone one one of the suction cup mounts like my fitech unit so i can watch more stuff as well without looking down . kinda stoked to be the guinea pig on this the sales guy said i was buying the first set of these.
View attachment 110744

ought to start hanging parts on this pig next week start getting the brakes, and all the other junk ive been ranting about in the last few pages and ill start getting more actual instal pics posted.

Those are some kick *ss gauges, but the orange needle centers just look out of place.

jakes87SS

G-Body Guru
Jul 25, 2017
ohio
Those are some kick *ss gauges, but the orange needle centers just look out of place.
i agree, but much like the digi tails led tail lights that i wish went side to side instead of bottom to top i'm just glad there's companies out there making new stuff for our cArs, i'll buy them in the hopes more companies start making more new cool stuff.

Reactions: 2 users

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
nice progress! I'm digging that gauge setup, looking forward to seeing how it does!

Reactions: 1 user

jakes87SS

G-Body Guru
Jul 25, 2017
ohio
also forgot to note in the picture i did away with the adjustable fuel pressure regulator and gage. i misread the fi-tech instructions it already has one so about 3 feet of fuel line got removed. and because of my choice in serpentine conversion kits i had to have a/c lines made all the ones i thought last year would work wont. so i took the ends to a shop and they are making lines to the specs as measured out. im trying to avoid one off parts so if something breaks on a long road trip it could be fixed anywhere but i can live w/o ac if it brakes on a trip so it is what it is.

Reactions: 1 user

jakes87SS

G-Body Guru
Jul 25, 2017
ohio
got the fender braces on,the firewall to core braces on, line-loc plumbed, rhd s10 blazer master cylinder on, got the a/c lines back from rad air and had the a/c charged up. also got the cut out for the hood spring that the radiator shrod piece from mikes montes did not have that i had to make cleaned up a bit so the hood spring stops catching on it and keeping the hood stuck shut. also not sure if i ever mention last year i installed the cover plates over the area where you access the backside of the headlights in a effort to jam as much air into the radiator as possible, dont know if it really makes a difference but at least it looks more finished.

7ljN5Wl.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: 3 users

jakes87SS

G-Body Guru
Jul 25, 2017
ohio
had to finesse my f41 bars to get them to clear the hotchkis sway bar and fit in between the grand prix bar from b-body parts, and the kore 3 kit says it wont work with the blazer dust shields but with a lil bit of finesse you can make it work and look factory i may usethat dust shield to bolt in brake cooling ducts in the future. you can also see the bigger cast aluminum trans pan and the big 2 quart oil filter in there. its version of the declco 932f and it may get one of the fiber heat wraps since its within a half inch of one of the header tubes.
UHZAA1m.jpg

Reactions: 1 users

jakes87SS

G-Body Guru
Jul 25, 2017
ohio
tomorrow is bleed brakes, do the behind the seats braces, and start tearing out the center console for the stealth ratchet shifter then get the gear sending unit installed get all that put back together and get the dakota digital dash put in. that cluster will be a entire next week after works cause that is a but ton of wiring and programming.

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor