1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BUILD THREAD 88 Monte SS to TPI

Discussion in 'G-Body Build Threads' started by SSClassic, Oct 7, 2017.

1. Injectedcutty

Injectedcutty Royal Smart Person

The painless kit is well worth the money. That's what I used when I did my swap years back. As soon as I get my Cutlass painted I have to remove the harness and sell it since the LS is completely different.

2. SSClassic

SSClassic Not-quite-so-new-guy

84slow
    ,im not sure what the 'Painless" harness consists of so i cant really answer that,by all means dont scrap anything.one mans junk is anothers treasure

3. Injectedcutty

Injectedcutty Royal Smart Person

The painless harness makes a TPI based swap a standalone system. Thereare maybe 4 connections that have to be made. All factory connectors are pre-terminated and labeled. The harness gives enough slack for oddball swaps, and cleaning up the wiring is the biggest, most time consuming chore!!!
    Not to photo-jack, but when done with patience said harness can be a super clean install. Given I had my coil mounted inside, the wires you see operated all the engine sensors and no corners were cut.... 20150809_161739.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  4. SSClassic

SSClassic Not-quite-so-new-guy

IMG_1080.JPG
    did some shopping today,front set is 88 IROC,left set are 98 concord,right set are 99 camaro
    not sure which are better or worse but i think the 99 camaro fans sit nice with the monte rad and cutlass support with very little modification needed.whats everyones opinion in this decision.

5. 64nailhead

64nailhead Master Mechanic

We used the Camaro fan setup on the right in your picture. We mounted them in front of the radiator so that they are both out of sight and out of the way for turbo piping. They work more than adequately.

Nice right up BTW.

• Like Like x 2
  6. 84slow

84slow Apprentice

Any updates? looks like we're both doing this at the same time