BUILD THREAD 88 Monte SS to TPI

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSClassic

Greasemonkey
Aug 12, 2017
Pennsylvania
i used a 84-87 GN sending unit,still need tank & pump,but this is the end of my build till spring,holidays & a string of birthdays got me on hold lol
IMG_1136.JPG

fuel_pump_wiring_identification.jpeg
here are my lines from sending unit IMG_1062.JPG

Reactions: 1 user

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
About time you posted lol... What are you using on lower rad hose. I'm catching up to you
Fyi, you can get a stainless rad hose kit on ebay for like $40 and it comes with adapters and hose end covers. You just need either a bodysaw with a decent blade(my $18 HF one did the trick) or a good cutoff wheel.

Reactions: 1 users

SSClassic

Greasemonkey
Aug 12, 2017
Pennsylvania
im running an 88 iroc serp setup with AC delete & Smog pump delete pulleys,allows me to run stock belt

SSClassic

Greasemonkey
Aug 12, 2017
Pennsylvania
About time you posted lol... What are you using on lower rad hose. I'm catching up to you
lower hose is for an 88 iroc,i cut it and spliced in the T fitting for the heater hose,top hose believe it or not is the stock monte lol

SSClassic

Greasemonkey
Aug 12, 2017
Pennsylvania
Fyi, you can get a stainless rad hose kit on ebay for like $40 and it comes with adapters and hose end covers. You just need either a bodysaw with a decent blade(my $18 HF one did the trick) or a good cutoff wheel.
i thought about hose covers but my upper is already a tight squeeze with my air intake routing

SSClassic

Greasemonkey
Aug 12, 2017
Pennsylvania
yeah i did all the pre fitting before i clamped it,problem is im keeping the battery on the pass side so my air intake is sandwiched on the drivers side with everything else which in turn sandwiches my radiator hose,ive considered the 4.3L thermostat housing.grabbed one from a truck and its not the right one,must be different housings on 4.3's the one i got dosent allow the angle back behind the alternator th.jpeg
hgfd.jpeg this is the one i need to route the hose behind the alt

dj's_ss

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 4, 2016
Fuel lines have been moved since this pic,stock monte lines run on the passenger side,so i sent them that direction
img_0926-jpg.74989
do you have any pics of your updated fuel lines? Im trying to figure out if Fbody or a vette fuel rail is better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor