A little something to offend everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
My phone died so I had to get creative. Went over about noon today and sheeted it up to keep some of the dust off of it. Then it was time for work.

I can't stress enough how much I've been dreading this task. Nothing about it is enjoyable to me. Nothing.

I stripped the brake and clutch master and a couple small items off the firewall. Then I sanded down a portion of the lower valance and some of the inner fenders. After that, I started slinging mud, sand, mud, repeat.

It was just after this that my phone really started acting up.

When the shift was over it didn't look much different but I'd glazed the valance and primed it along with glazing the inner fenders. By that time I was just over it. Went home and pulled weeds.

Not sure when I'll get back over there but I have very little time in the next few weeks. At this rate summer will be over before it's ready for the market. I'd love to find the ******* who spray bombed under the hood and kick them square in the yam bag.
At least he didn't brush it with Rustoleum, like me.

Reactions: 1 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
It's just as bad. Super thick with a combo of orange peel and runs. Plus the genius thought everything needed to be coated, so now I get clean up brake lines, etc too.
If you ever wondered about why I decided to go with the Mach 1 hood blackout, it's because the same ******* decided that smearing Bondo on the hood and top of the driver's fender looked better than the dings that were there. Didn't even bother to sand or prime. Just smeared Bondo over the dings and left it.
If you remember, I bought this one at a tow yard auction. I got a call from the owner when I listed my blue wagon on CL. He had actually owned both cars at one time and described some specific identifiers to each one. There were a couple owners between him and me for each wagon. He described this one as being pretty unmolested and nice when he sold it and he knew the guy he sold it to. it was the guy right before me who screwed it all up.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
"just as bad". Way to make me feel better.:ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
Just got all caught up on your wagon re-vamp... somehow I missed it until now!
Looks great!
Though I'd much rather clean up an engine compartment, versus the suspension overhaul that I've been putting off lol

Reactions: 1 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
...and here we are 6 months later. I had shoved this in the back corner of my dad's shop and done my very best to forget about it.

Went over this afternoon and shuffled things around, swept the floor, set up a table, and organized things a bit.

I made an addendum to my original list and refocused my plan of attack. Now I guess I'll have to just get after it.

Reactions: 7 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Will you just drive the damned thing already? Coolest DD EVER!!

I may be a touch biased as a former Quad 4 owner.
Exactly, awesome little car, drive it! I am also biased with our family having one, it was red by the way😁.

Reactions: 2 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
I got distracted this morning by nice weather and didn't make it over there until after noon. My dad had jumped right in and degreased and scrubbed the bottom side of the hood. He also did a little sanding on the inner fenders. No grass grows under that guy's feet. I moved some things around and did some more sanding, then layed a fat coat of primer down. I'll check it again in the morning to see what needs to be touched up.
20191209_132737.jpg
20191209_132748.jpg
20191209_132750.jpg
20191209_132754.jpg

Did I mention yet how much I dislike this type of work?

• Agree
Reactions: 6 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor