advice on rim/tire sizes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wraith

Royal Smart Person
Jan 13, 2013
DFW, TX
Sounds like you have several problems going on. If you haven't went through the rear suspension yet stickier tires are going to play hell with worn out 100K/30 year old rear bushings.

275/60 on a 7" is going to roll over and bulge more on the sidewall, 7.5" is the narrow side recommended, I have ran them on a 7" but they fit better on an 8" as they will square up better on the rim.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Huen79H/O

Apprentice
Jun 5, 2018
Theres someone i seen on here that had 15x7 front 235/15 and 15x8 295 50 rear , looked very good !
That was me it is on my hurst olds which is the gbom and the 295 rub when I have four people in the car and hit a bump or when. The body rolls need to roll the fenders also I installed wagon springs and rubber spacers

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor