Anti theft thoughts....

Status
Not open for further replies.
stomis said:
The other thing I read when googling some stuff is to wire another switch to the torque converter lockup that you can use to engage is in park so the car wont move unless started.

Has anyone tried that? Wouldnt it kill the battery?

There's a couple of reasons I don't think that will work. I'm fairly certain that the lock-up uses fluid pressure to engage it(solenoid controls the flow), so if the engine isn't running(and turning the front pump in the transmission) there won't be any lock-up.
Second, there is any difference between park and neutral except for a small steel pawl that engages to hold the transmission when it's in park. So locking the convertor wouldn't stop the output shaft from turning.
Third, if it's already in park, what more is there to gain?

column lock, kill switch (hidden well) good alarm, and turn your wheels every time you park it is the route i would go, nothing will stop a good thief, if they want it they will get it, my car didnt have an alarm or anything on it, it was locked, in a locked gated parking lot, the broke the lock to the controls to the gate and manualy opened that gate, took my car only, and locked the gate back up. they will do anything to have your car. having the numbers 442 and nice gold 442 rims, pin striping and paint job will attract them for sure.

Best option....move out of your apartment and find a place with a nice garage that you can lock.

Beyond that, not much you could do. If they really want it, all it takes are some GoJacks and a flatbed.

I have a locked garage already but I plan on DD'ing it once the 355 is in it. I'm gonna wire an ignition kill switch, and get a detachable steering wheel hub.

JBreu said:
Just get a battery kill switch......................or don't laugh "The Club"
cut the steering wheel & the club will slide right off or they can use it for leverage to break the column but I still use mines to throw the armature thieves off along with the lockit column lock(which is similar to the one below but it has a bar that goes between the spokes in the steering wheel to keep it from turning), alarm, & kill switch

file.php

FE3X CLONE said:
If they really want it, all it takes are some GoJacks and a flatbed.

Right! A nice 2-way alarm with a back-up battery in case your main power is cut & a hidden siren will help. Try to run your wires to your alarm different from any other shop or person will think of & install motion/tilt/glass break sensors. I think its a company that sells some metal plates so they cant get into your car with a slim jim. Nothing will stop a real car thief from getting your car if they really want it but these things might make a beginner give up so its worth it to me

veltboy314 said:
FE3X CLONE said:
If they really want it, all it takes are some GoJacks and a flatbed.

Right! A nice 2-way alarm with a back-up battery in case your main power is cut & a hidden siren will help. Try to run your wires to your alarm different from any other shop or person will think of & install motion/tilt/glass break sensors. I think its a company that sells some metal plates so they cant get into your car with a slim jim. Nothing will stop a real car thief from getting your car if they really want it but these things might make a beginner give up so its worth it to me

Well cars being stolen really isnt a problem in my area. I'm not very worried about a "professional" getting it.

im just going to rig mine to explode upon being tampered with. that'll learn 'em....

You need a 150lb rotte thay work good but you might not have much left in the car if he gets mad. 😀 :twisted:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor