Any interest in claret buckets ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evan11

Royal Smart Person
Apr 17, 2009
Southern Indiana
I picked up a set of claret bucket seats out of a 442, 1985 I believe. They're reclining & all the chrome hinge covers are intact. They will be very nice seats after I get them cleaned up! No rips. I thought I'd see if there was anyone on here needing some?? I figure $250/$300 would be a fair price for a nice set of buckets..I will include the rear seat too, which might be good for the seat covers & foam only. I will start cleaning them up & will likely post them w/ pics when the weather warms up a bit. I'm in southern indiana.

Evan11

Royal Smart Person
Apr 17, 2009
Southern Indiana
They are in good driver condition. Great shape for their age. The cloth material is great, one slight place on the Side vinyl were the seat belt rubs, which I may leave as is or fix..depending. I noticed the pass seat pan is kinda rusty at the back(typical for t top car) but I sit in them & they felt Fine. I'd prob just run them as is, but I'll include a rust seat pan if wanted. These are from a from a '85 442. I even found the build sheet in them. Here's a sneak peak, will have more pics to come when they're ready.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 867
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 862

88hurstolds

Royal Smart Person
Jun 24, 2008
I just sold a VERY NICE set of gray power recliening pair of buckets from an 87 Salon for $250, cost about $80 to ship them once broken down into two boxes.

Is the driver power?

Where did they come from? I.E. was the car sitting in a field or a junk yard?
What's the mysterious looking brown stuff at the crotch of the seat?
Have they been "moused" or smell like urine/animals?
Sorry, I have to ask these questions since getting burned on an expensive "nice" looking pair of seats only to be soiled by rodents.
There's nothing you can do once a car is moused, the "Black Plague" still exists...
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0002358/

Evan11

Royal Smart Person
Apr 17, 2009
Southern Indiana
They don't smell like mouse piss or have any feces on them or anything like that. Theyre dirty from sitting in the guys garage. Not power. After some brief ckeaning they should look great. I will posts when done. I bought everything off the car that he didn't break, it's gonna b a race car. For being nearly 30 years old, I'd say they're in very good shape other than seat pans.?If no one on here needs them, I can always eBay them, just thought I'd offer them here 1st. I know nice original buckets aren't that easy to find.

Evan11

Royal Smart Person
Apr 17, 2009
Southern Indiana
Here's some pics of how they're looking. I'm going to go ahead & replace the seat pans. I will likely post them in the for sale section with plenty of good pics when I get them ready. If anyone wants them, PM or respond & you'll have the 1st chance to buy these! In this package deal, you will get a nice set of claret reclining bucket seats from an '85 olds 442 with all the chrome trim included, near perfect plastic seat backs, recliners for the seats, & the rear seat covers in good condition. These seats will be ready to put in your car & cruise. Price will be $300 & shipping with everything. (usps postal money order) If you buy them, You can have the rear seat foam too if you pay the extra shipping. I'll make a deal on a nice set of seat tracks if you need those too. Thanks, Evan.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    536.4 KB · Views: 627
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    532.2 KB · Views: 622
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 613
Nov 4, 2012
Damn, those are nice seats, and a fair price too. I wish you'd have had them a while back. Oh well, I ended up getting pretty nice olds buckets and a mint matching backseat for a near identical price. Good luck with the sale.

Evan11

Royal Smart Person
Apr 17, 2009
Southern Indiana
joesregalproject said:
Damn, those are nice seats, and a fair price too. I wish you'd have had them a while back. Oh well, I ended up getting pretty nice olds buckets and a mint matching backseat for a near identical price. Good luck with the sale.
Thanks, good deal. Yeah these will make someone some pretty nice seats. The rear looks just as good or better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor