Anyone ever have issues with Amazon Prime shipping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WisconsinCutlass

Greasemonkey
May 28, 2014
A little off topic but need to vent. Last Thursday I found the vacuum secondary diaphragm on my Holley carb was ripped. Of course no place in town carries carb parts so I had to order a replacement online. Found it on Amazon and it had free 2 day shipping. I was supposed to get it Saturday and planned to work on the car when it came. Instead it never got delivered. I looked at the tracking. It's in my town and said it was out for delivery At 8:30 Saturday morning. I contacted Amazon Saturday night around 930 pm and they told me sorry, nothing we can do. They also said we'll put a report on your account to make sure it doesn't happen again. That didn't make sense to me either. After I got done with Amazon I got an email at 10:21p.m. saying Amazon has been made aware of a carrier delay and that my part won't possibly be delivered till Tuesday. If it was out for delivery on Saturday why would it not be delivered till Tuesday now? All I wanted to do is drive my car this weekend. So frustrating.... Just wondering if anyone else has ever had a similar issue and if Amazon did anything to fix the issue?

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Post Office may have lost or damaged it. I had 5 gallons of Rotella oil split open in the local post office. I felt bad, but the mail carrier said, not your problem. Cost of being the last mile for Amazon. The next pair of bottles showed up in sealed plastic bags. The reason you are getting it Tuesday, is that they are shipping another from wherever they are warehoused. You might just end up with two.

It could be worse. I needed a single quart of oil when filling up the car out of town. After 10 minutes waiting in O'Reilly's just pay cash, I bailed and went down the road to Autozone and waited 2 minutes. If I had planned ahead, there were quarts already in my garage....

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Your post isn't off topic, most of us have to have parts shipped so it's good to know what the issues are with any particular company. I think I heard for Amazon prime the price is going up substantially.

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Yep, I've had lots of issues with Amazon and shipping. Some their fault, some USPS, UPS, FedEx. You name it & it's happened. Call and complain, at least get a free month of Prime...

MC96

Master Mechanic
Dec 7, 2015
A little off topic but need to vent. Last Thursday I found the vacuum secondary diaphragm on my Holley carb was ripped. Of course no place in town carries carb parts so I had to order a replacement online. Found it on Amazon and it had free 2 day shipping. I was supposed to get it Saturday and planned to work on the car when it came. Instead it never got delivered. I looked at the tracking. It's in my town and said it was out for delivery At 8:30 Saturday morning. I contacted Amazon Saturday night around 930 pm and they told me sorry, nothing we can do. They also said we'll put a report on your account to make sure it doesn't happen again. That didn't make sense to me either. After I got done with Amazon I got an email at 10:21p.m. saying Amazon has been made aware of a carrier delay and that my part won't possibly be delivered till Tuesday. If it was out for delivery on Saturday why would it not be delivered till Tuesday now? All I wanted to do is drive my car this weekend. So frustrating.... Just wondering if anyone else has ever had a similar issue and if Amazon did anything to fix the issue?

Probably being delivered by Fed Ex home, normal delivery days are Tuesday- Saturday

Matthew Goeke

G-Body Guru
Oct 15, 2016
fyi there is a way where if it doesnt get delivered by the guaranteed date you can get like a couple months free prime but i done exactly remember how to do it

street sweeper

Greasemonkey
Jun 12, 2017
Central Indiana
so i will preface by saying that every other person i have discussed this with has had no problems with amazon.

But I on the other hand have had several issues. Getting the wrong items, getting used and defective items when i ordered new items directly from Amazon.

Plus the prices on amazon are not what they used to be. When i started school and got a Prime Student account in 2011 amazon was the place to go and was reliable. Now 6 to 7 years later Ebay has cheaper options, probably 75% of the time. For auto parts Jegs/Summit/Advanced Auto/Ebay are my go to.

Now with a 20% increase in Prime i decided not to renew my Prime membership.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

84dragcutlass

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2009
North Vernon IN
Probably will not renew my prime membership. The free shipping is nice when you need something right away however I have noticed lately that things that used to be a butt load cheaper on amazon and made sense to get it that way are no longer cheaper. If you do a lot of price comparison on most things you can get them at a better price locally and not even have to wait on the shipping. I honestly think that Amazon fed a lot off the convenience craze. People lost their freaking minds when they realized "i can order this off my computer and not have to go to a store and look for it and it shows up at my house!!!" until it sank in years later half the time its a giant pain in the butt. A lot can be said about going to a store and physically seeing and holding what youre buying before you buy it so you are sure of what you are going to get first. Unless its something that usually doesn't change like rims and tires or certain parts its best to buy them in person. That's just my humble opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor