Anyone have Digi-Tails LED lights?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Sweet! I have these ordered. Should be here Wednesday. I also ordered a bunch of LED lights from the SUPERBRIGHTLEDS.COM website. Planning on switching all my lights in the car to LED lights. Anyone done this? Anyone have any problems? Anyone have any suggestions? For the TAIL LIGHTS conversion will I need anything other than what is in the kit from MIKES MONTES website?
Be very careful switching out some of the LED's. I bought some bulbs from them for my reverse, license, and rear marker lights for my Cutlass.
The reverse bulbs wouldn't fit into the socket...had to grind down the flange, then the bulb crumbled into pieces ($10 down the drain).
The license plate bulbs were too tall and were hitting the inside of the lens, and would not lock in...so another $10 down the drain for bulbs I can't use! I need to find bulbs that are a lower profile.

• Informative
Reactions: 1 users

CaliWagon83

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2017
Orange County, CA
I went through this on my last few cars. As stated, many LED bulbs are physically larger than the incandescent equivalents. Also, for any flashing bulbs, you may need a resistor or ballast to prevent hyperflash. Some bulbs have built-in resistors, but not all do.

Some people recommend resistors for non-flashing bulbs because they draw so much less power, and the standard current can “burn them out” but there doesn’t seem to be clear consensus on that.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
On my Monte I found that for the marker lights it is best to replace the 194 bulbs with either amber or red led's respectively, the white led's end up being too bright and don't disperse the light throughout the lens.

• Agree
  • Informative
Reactions: 3 users

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
Sweet! I have these ordered. Should be here Wednesday. I also ordered a bunch of LED lights from the SUPERBRIGHTLEDS.COM website. Planning on switching all my lights in the car to LED lights. Anyone done this? Anyone have any problems? Anyone have any suggestions? For the TAIL LIGHTS conversion will I need anything other than what is in the kit from MIKES MONTES website?

that's awesome,i can't speak of that site but you should know you're gonna need an electronic flasher to use those tail lights. If you are installing both led tail lights and led front lights,two electronic flashers are needed to make it work.standard flashers don't see the load that an led provides.in my experience.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

The Last Don

Greasemonkey
Oct 22, 2017
Seattle, WA
that's awesome,i can't speak of that site but you should know you're gonna need an electronic flasher to use those tail lights. If you are installing both led tail lights and led front lights,two electronic flashers are needed to make it work.standard flashers don't see the load that an led provides.in my experience.

Electronic flashers - can I pick these up at Autozone?

The Last Don

Greasemonkey
Oct 22, 2017
Seattle, WA

Electronic flashers - can I pick these up at Autozone?

The Last Don

Greasemonkey
Oct 22, 2017
Seattle, WA
I went through this on my last few cars. As stated, many LED bulbs are physically larger than the incandescent equivalents. Also, for any flashing bulbs, you may need a resistor or ballast to prevent hyperflash. Some bulbs have built-in resistors, but not all do.

Some people recommend resistors for non-flashing bulbs because they draw so much less power, and the standard current can “burn them out” but there doesn’t seem to be clear consensus on that.

RESISTORS - I am a novice when it comes to electrical... Can someone point me in the direction of some instruction on installing resistors?

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
i haven't seen the electronic flashers in stock @my store but you can buy them on line.i bought my lights from dixie resto and they had the electronic LED flashers too.they can be bought from other places though.I'm not sure where you pick up your new lights but maybe they have them in stock,it's worth a look.
using two electronic flashers should prevent the "hyper flashing" and the use of resistors shouldn't be needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor