mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA

CaliWagon83

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2017
Orange County, CA
What I’m talking about are LED bulbs that plug into the stock sockets. The Digi-Tails are basically purpose-built circuit panels that replace the stock bulb housings.

CaliWagon83

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2017
Orange County, CA
I'm the OP. The Digi-Tails lights, at least for the wagons, require you to cut out the stock bulb housings and create a flat surface to caulk the new circuit board with the LEDs to. There are LED bulbs that replace the stock incandescent bulbs, but for flashing applications (like turn signals) sometimes the bulbs require an inline resistor to prevent hyperflash. Some bulbs have a built-in resistor, and are usually quite a bit more expensive. Does that help clarify?

The Last Don

Greasemonkey
Oct 22, 2017
Seattle, WA
What I’m talking about are LED bulbs that plug into the stock sockets. The Digi-Tails are basically purpose-built circuit panels that replace the stock bulb housings.

Hello CaliWagon83, what are you referring to in this post?
I'm the OP. The Digi-Tails lights, at least for the wagons, require you to cut out the stock bulb housings and create a flat surface to caulk the new circuit board with the LEDs to. There are LED bulbs that replace the stock incandescent bulbs, but for flashing applications (like turn signals) sometimes the bulbs require an inline resistor to prevent hyperflash. Some bulbs have a built-in resistor, and are usually quite a bit more expensive. Does that help clarify?

Yes it does. Thank you!

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA

Those should be easy to source, I am pretty impressed with the bulb I bought to go into the third brake light. Once I had the Digi Tails installed I had thought about just doing strip lighting inside the housing for a custom look. May still do it since I have an extra set of tails but got plenty of other stuff I need to get done before looking into that.

Chevyman540

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 11, 2016
Well I got my reply from Digi-tails. This is what the said about changing the direction of the turn signal flashing to side to side as in reprograming. their reply-
"No I'm sorry they can't. We would have to custom build a set to do that."
I sent another email off to ask what the cost would be. We'll see what the say.

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Well I got my reply from Digi-tails. This is what the said about changing the direction of the turn signal flashing to side to side as in reprograming. their reply-
"No I'm sorry they can't. We would have to custom build a set to do that."
I sent another email off to ask what the cost would be. We'll see what the say.

Curious to see what they say, not really sure why they never set them up to go to the side in the first place. Only thing I can think of is it was cheaper and eaiser since there are less rows side to side rather than up and down to program.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor