Are LS guys Chevy guys?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
LOLOLOLOL.....See......^this right here is exactly what I'm talking about. Whether it's deliberate or you truly are that ignorant....I don't know.....but I guarantee you they are well under that in your area.

No they aren't. Maybe you can get a 4.8 core to rebuild for under 2k if you know a guy that knows a guy but thats it. In my area people have the " I know what I got" syndrome. Even the LS mags admit that cheap LS pullouts are internet unicorns. Then there is still the cost of install and getting it running.

carnutjw

G-Body Guru
Sep 17, 2017
I saw this thread and thought-"damn, 12 pages in one day?". Should have known it was a pissing contest. If G bodies suck, walk away. If Ls swaps suck, don't do one. If SBC's suck, then Ls swap it. You do you and quit bitching about what other people are doing, most of us don't care.

• Winner
Reactions: 5 users

carnutjw

G-Body Guru
Sep 17, 2017
I know, I should have consulted her advice when the first engine in was a 408ci LS Engine making about 625hp, Built T56 6spd behind it, had the non ABS Blazer Brakes too. Recipe for disaster.. 🤘
You could have died!:oops:

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away

87National

G-Body Guru
Apr 15, 2009
eastern SD
No they aren't. Maybe you can get a 4.8 core to rebuild for under 2k if you know a guy that knows a guy but thats it. In my area people have the " I know what I got" syndrome. Even the LS mags admit that cheap LS pullouts are internet unicorns. Then there is still the cost of install and getting it running.
What state do you live in?

Most of the ls powered trucks and suburbans in the U-Pull-It around here......the engine is untouched......probably crush more 4.8 and 5.3's than get pulled.

The reality is, they are more plentiful than they have ever been

• Optimistic
Reactions: 1 users

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
Because.....aside from their drivetrain, I dislike everthing about modern cars......and I have a soft spot for the g-body. Are you OK if I formulate my own opinion here?
Absolutely not. You need to retain information from the mid 1980's and back, do not incorporate any kind of technological advancement of any kind, stay under 200hp and keep it in the garage under a cover because that is what makes it worth more. Never drive it, don't even look at it. Go full boomer.

I saw this thread and thought-"damn, 12 pages in one day?". Should have known it was a pissing contest. If G bodies suck, walk away. If Ls swaps suck, don't do one. If SBC's suck, then Ls swap it. You do you and quit bitching about what other people are doing, most of us don't care.
That's exactly it, we have a couple of people who don't have enough going in their own lives with their own junk, and have to worry about what others are doing and criticize it like it'll make a difference somewhere. Karens.
You could have died!:oops:
Some people can drive a car....and some are scared to apparently haha.

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
What state do you live in?

Most of the ls powered trucks and suburbans in the U-Pull-It around here......the engine is untouched......probably crush more 4.8 and 5.3's than get pulled.

I am in a mid Atlantic state where most people drive economy boxes, crossovers, small pickups, etc. V8 powered stuff in the yards is simply rare unless its old. Also heard of LS scalpers who clear out junkyards to resell online at an upcharge. I seen signs of scalpers in my local yards as any carbed engine is always missing its aircleaner.

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
I don't know about you.......but when I'm seeking advice...... someone that can offer first hand knowledge is a thousand times more valuable than someone with a biased opinion and no experience at all.
That sounds way too much like common sense. It may not be understood here.

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
So what's your point? Who doesn't like wasting time and brain power?
I don't. I can't if I just read through 13 pages of these shenanigans :)

I just hate douchebags with a superiority complex, nothing more to it. I started this as a joke thread but the LS guys either try to twist this thread into a LS circlejerk or name calling me which betrays their thinskin. They can dish it out but can't take it like most bullies.
You sound like a Cowboys fan. BTW, that's a compliment if you are one and slam if you aren't.

Cool, I got a stalker now. Never had someone this obsessed with me before. :giggle:
I think he's stalking you because the word on the street is you have a hot :
funny or die a mans butt GIF by gethardshow

Holy bejesus, 13 pages (and i read them), but I laughed all the way through!

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor