are walmart batteries any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
I've seen a East Penn (Deka Batteries) truck delivering at a Walmart. Guessing they are making their batteries. I miss the old Die Hards (Die Hard molded into the case) that lived up to the name. I am lucky to get 2 years out of any battery inmy Silverado.

ed1948

Royal Smart Person
Aug 6, 2016
Quinte West, Ontario
I'm sad to admit I run a Walmart battery in my old daily for 3 years now. I had my doubts at first......

thunderball

Greasemonkey
Jan 18, 2016
I bought one for my 05 mercury recently. I couldnt believe how expensive they were so I figured id save 20-30 over everywhere else on a wal mart since Im not convinced any of them will last. So far so good.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
A Walmart battery was the straw that broke the Camel's back for me on Walmart. My best friend had an 02 F250. He had bought the battery at the Walmart on Seawall Blvd. in Galveston. The battery was less than 2 years old. We had the battery charged and load tested at a local AutoZone. The battery checked bad, as I expected. We took the battery to a Walmart store. We didn't have a receipt. The date code on the battery was as plain as day. They refused to do anything for us. They even went so far as insinuating that we might have stolen the battery from someone else's vehicle. That was about eight years ago. I try not to do any business with Walmart. I've set foot in their store maybe four times in the last eight years out of desperation. I already didn't like Walmart before that incident. Now I borderline despise them.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
A Walmart battery was the straw that broke the Camel's back for me on Walmart. My best friend had an 02 F250. He had bought the battery at the Walmart on Seawall Blvd. in Galveston. The battery was less than 2 years old. We had the battery charged and load tested at a local AutoZone. The battery checked bad, as I expected. We took the battery to a Walmart store. We didn't have a receipt. The date code on the battery was as plain as day. They refused to do anything for us. They even went so far as insinuating that we might have stolen the battery from someone else's vehicle. That was about eight years ago. I try not to do any business with Walmart. I've set foot in their store maybe four times in the last eight years out of desperation. I already didn't like Walmart before that incident. Now I borderline despise them.

if you weren't 350 lbs and dressed in stained sweat pants and a tank top they probably didn't believe you shop at walmart...:D

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

cherokeechief79

Greasemonkey
Jul 21, 2008
nj
I had the batt checked at autozone that was in the monte when I bought it and it checked out bad.i had one in my s10 project truck that happened to be a walmart one and had been drained for at least 7 mos.the walmart one checked out good so ill throw that one in the monte till it dies.the guy at autozone told me their batteries are made by the same company that makes the walmart ones.

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX

If you go to ANY franchise in Galveston it will pretty much turn you off from that franchise for the rest of your life.

At the Cici's pizza buffet, kids were licking the spatulas. It took about 5 years before my wife went to another Cici's pizza buffet.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
If you go to ANY franchise in Galveston it will pretty much turn you off from that franchise for the rest of your life.

At the Cici's pizza buffet, kids were licking the spatulas. It took about 5 years before my wife went to another Cici's pizza buffet.
The Walmart we attempted to exchange the battery at was in Pasadena. I'm not a big Cici's fan. There are a lot better, funner, classier places to go eat in Galveston.

84GP455

G-Body Guru
Jun 19, 2007
Methuen Ma.
Not Walmart but.........I just went through some problems with my Exide battery which i bought for $100 at Tractor Supply. I bought it new last year and had some problems with it from the get go as it wouldn't start my car some times. So I had it tested this year and found that there were a couple of dead cells so I brought it back to Tractor Supply with the receipt expecting to pay some sort of charge but they gave me a new one for free no questions asked. I think there was a bad batch of them or something because they never questioned it but they could tell it was still new. This new Exide battery is great it has both top and side posts and has 780 CCA so far it's holding strong. I will continue to go to Tractor Supply for my batteries from now on.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor