Are you tired of ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

el camino ss 84

Master Mechanic
Oct 23, 2016
Nw okc
Are you guys tired of only seeing lsx stuff everywhere like in magazines and tv shows and online. Every other motor setup not really talk about anymore or talked down when it comes to the lsx motors. Would like to hear your thoughts.

Reactions: 1 user

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
I for one am getting bored with the LS idea. Bang for buck it is the way to go and glad there is a lot of support for our cars. I was going to build a Monte with a LS originally, but I bought a v6 turbo car. So I decided to play with v6's and see what I can achieve. Just trying to be different and challeng my self.

Reactions: 1 user

el camino ss 84

Master Mechanic
Oct 23, 2016
Nw okc
I got tired of the lsx stuff so I built a sbc 283 turbo setup instead. when i get tired of it will either do a turbo Buick v6 or turbo a 4.3 v6 into my malibu. Sbc are still the cheapest and biggest bang for you buck out there.they may not get the mpg but are reliable as long as you maintain them.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
I'm sure the flathead guys were saying the same thing in 1959.

• Agree
Reactions: 11 users

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
Are you guys tired of only seeing lsx stuff everywhere like in magazines and tv shows and online. Every other motor setup not really talk about anymore or talked down when it comes to the lsx motors. Would like to hear your thoughts.

Nope...I like all things LS. Whether you like it or not LS engines are superior and technology is the way of the future. Based on the great results of my 6.2 swap I am now working on a 5.3 turbo build for my truck....Meanwhile, the spare Olds and SBC engines I have on engine stands in the shop are still leaking oil on the floor. :eek:

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

oldsofb

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Dec 7, 2007
Maryland
This is why I'm building an Olds 455.

I will say though that for a traditional single cam pushrod engine, it's the best you can get. It's light weight and with it's 6 bolt main caps, it can take gobs and gobs of HP and still get in the 20's on mpg. I have one in my Trailblazer SS and with 193000 miles still runs like the day I bought it used with 59K on it.

Off of my soap box I will say that I'm tired of it too. I like to see a 60's, 70's or 80's vehicle with a period correct engine under the hood now. I'm over the LSX in everything craze. (one foot back on box) If you know nothing about engines and are getting a crate motor, the LSX platform is prob the best damn bang for your buck American engine you can get.

Hutch

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
Just wait a few more years. The gen 5s are posed to overtake the gen 3s and 4s soon. In fact, I already seen some of the car mags are already knocking down LS1s, and 5.3s as being old and inferior to the new GM V6s that make make more HP and torque in stock form. Its the job of the car mags and shows to make people run out and buy a sh*t ton of new parts to make their cars cool. Every few years they change what is cool to make people run out and buy all new again.

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
Its the job of the car mags and shows to make people run out and buy a sh*t ton of new parts to make their cars cool. Every few years they change what is cool to make people run out and buy all new again.

Hehe...It seems that way doesn't it? Mostly improvements in performance and effeciency are driven by competition and our government regulations. I seriously doubt there is a conspiracy against us hot rodding our cars.

I wanted turn key fuel injection and computer management. On an Olds engine that would have costed me double the LS swap cost to do it right with less performance and fuel economy.

• Agree

Dinosport

G-Body Guru
Jul 20, 2015
Ct
I think the Ls is the best bang for the buck as well. I like the old school stuff too but from a Mag point of view they have to follow whats trending and new to write about. I mean how many things can you write about a small block Chevy that hasn't been done thousands of times already. Theres alot to write about as far as different combos and tech about the LS that guys will want to read so theyll buy the Mag.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
When Sean and I were LS swapping the Camaro, the LS platform was all I wanted to read about. I had no interest in a SBC or a Big Block, or anything else for that matter. It's funny. Now that we are done, I'm more interested in the older engines. When it came time to buy an engine for my car, I went with a SBC because of bang for the buck, and back in the day, I always wanted a warmed over SBC. I could have easily put in a warmed up 5.3 or 6.0 but I have a warmed up 5.3 in my truck and did a warmed up 6.0 swap in the Camaro. I still love the Gen III/IV LS engines. Marvelous engineering. I do sometimes feel LS fatigue though. There was a time when I felt the same way about the SBC, when I saw it in things like 32 Fords.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor