BUILD THREAD BACK TO HIGH SCHOOL=re creating my first car a 1979 Regal

Status
Not open for further replies.

HAFROD

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2013
Claremore, OKLAHOMA
I cannot believe how high transmission fluid is anymore. I went to parts store and house brand Type F is $6 per quart. Went to my local Walmart and no Type F there. Ended up going to my local Atwoods and bought their version to Dexron 3. They are $17 for a two gallon jug. It says on container, recommended for older GM and Ford transmissions. Brand is Harvest King. It's going to have to work cause it's all I can afford

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Hang in there. You're a big man to take on rebuilding that transmission. Stay with it. You'll figure it out. You're a talented guy.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
I don't think you want a 3 speed, especially with a 3.73. Get away from it for a bit and regroup.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
I wonder if the symptoms the transmission is exhibiting are the result of work/modifications someone did before you when they put a shift kit in it.

Reactions: 1 users

HAFROD

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2013
Claremore, OKLAHOMA
I wonder if the symptoms the transmission is exhibiting are the result of work/modifications someone did before you when they put a shift kit in it.
This is very possible. Shift kit wants you to grind land flush on boost valve. It was already done. Also holes were enlarged. For sure someones been in it

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor